SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colorado snowflake flips out over making/serving Unicorn Frappuccino (on 4/20 of all days)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado snowflake flips out over making/serving Unicorn Frappuccino (on 4/20 of all days) Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
So, I guess Starbucks came out with a "Fairy" Unicorn Frappuccino, it's pink and blue.

It's on sale for a limited time (this is not an ad, I don't even drink coffee).

Some 19 year old guy "barista" (isn't that a feminine word?) flips out and posts a video which goes viral. Evidently, he gets the fairy dust splattered all over him when making it.

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up:

ABC 7 Denver - Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
Psted: 12:58 PM, Apr 20, 2017
Updated: 2:53 PM, Apr 20, 2017

A Starbucks barista has taken to social media hoping to make orders for the coffee chain's much buzzed about Unicorn Frappuccino disappear.

Starbucks' entry into the unicorn food craze was released Wednesday and its popularity was too much for 19-year-old Colorado barista Braden Burson. He posted a video on Twitter after his shift complaining that it was difficult to keep up with orders for the drink and he's "never been so stressed out" in his life.

The Unicorn Frappuccino is a sweet and sour pink and blue cream swirl topped with what Starbucks calls "fairy powder." Burson says in the video that a day of making the treat left him with sticky hands and residue from the drink stuck to his clothes and in his hair.

Burson tells The Associated Press that he didn't think his rant would get this much publicity and he didn't intend to "downgrade" the drink.

"It's a great drink. But it is difficult to make when there are like 20 fraps all at once both front and drive thru," he wrote in a Facebook message.

Starbucks said in a statement Thursday that the popular reception of the drink has "exceeded everyone's expectations." It added that it is reaching out to Burson "to talk about his experience and how to make it better."

Burson said he hadn't heard from the company as of midday Thursday.

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Wasn't 19 the average age of our soldiers in Vietnam? Yup, tough life there fairy snowflake.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
apparently people are ordering these things 12 at a time, they're going nuts.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At his age I was coming home from work with fiberglass and polypropylene all over me. I thought I had it bad. This poor guy comes home saturated in fairy dust. That guy will never be on top in life.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Nice that one of your employees takes to social media to tell the free world to avoid the new product that the company dumped millions into developing and marketing... because he has to make a lot of them, and its hard.

If I was a Sr. Manager at Starbucks my directive would be: Determine who that was, terminate him immediately.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Braden". Roll Eyes

"Wasn't 19 the average age of our soldiers in Vietnam? Yup, tough life there fairy snowflake."

I've read that in WW2 bomber aircrews, a 22 year old was often known as the "old man".

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Wasn't 19 the average age of our soldiers in Vietnam? Yup, tough life there fairy snowflake.

For Australia, one registered for Nashos (National Service Scheme) on your twentieth birthday. Two years of service if your name was drawn from the ballot.

As for this thread, there's NO caffeine in this 'Buckys sugary color powdered nightmare.

And it takes a barista about 3 mins to mix. This is a tough life, snowflake? If this is the worse stress you're likely to endure in your lifetime, good for you.

... oh, it's time for lunch ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I worked in an auto body shop at 19. I think this nancy boy had fairy dust on him before he started making these effeminate drinks.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I worked on a dairy farm at age 14. I would have LOVED to only have sticky hands at the end of my day (it takes more than one shower to get out the smell of cow manure), and that's not counting the day that I fell backwards into a 2' deep pile of manure/mud/God knows what else.

Pansy.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Awww. Bless his heart...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Nice that one of your employees takes to social media to tell the free world to avoid the new product that the company dumped millions into developing and marketing... because he has to make a lot of them, and its hard.

If I was a Sr. Manager at Starbucks my directive would be: Determine who that was, terminate him immediately.

Why fire him, the drink just went viral! If I were senior manager Id think up some ridiculous hard drink next month and let him flip again.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Denis Leary on Coffee- NSFW

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad & pathetic indeed - and I don't see much more in his life outside Starbucks.
At 19 I was humping my way across W Germany (both figuratively and literally).

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Our employee handbook prevented us from posting anything about the company on social media good or bad, other than where you worked, subject to punishment up to and including termination.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
at 19 I was mucking stalls, taking thorougbred mares to be bred, working with foals, bailing and stacking acres of hay, mowing paddocks and still had time to hit the bar that evening. Got a great tan and was in shape too...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I worked on a dairy farm at age 14. I would have LOVED to only have sticky hands at the end of my day (it takes more than one shower to get out the smell of cow manure), and that's not counting the day that I fell backwards into a 2' deep pile of manure/mud/God knows what else.

Pansy.

Hound Dog, I was planning to post basically this same thing when I read your post! I started working on our family dairy farm at age 8 and can't count the days I came home covered in dust, hay, and cow manure.

Oh, little pansy, your little fairy dust is just so distressing...

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I encountered and survived my first lean flashover at about 19. This little wuss has no idea of how job stress can be defined.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Wasn't 19 the average age of our soldiers in Vietnam?

"19" is an oft-repeated statistic, but it's not correct. The average age for US servicemen during Vietnam was 23. (Among the enlisted infantry, it was a bit lower at 22.5. Marine enlisted infantry specifically had an even lower average of 20.5.)

Even the youngest draftees during Vietnam would have been 20 (or within a few months of 20) when called up and shipped off to basic training, though there were plenty of 18 and 19 year old volunteers who enlisted (and a few even younger).

In WW1, the average age of US servicemen was also 23. In WW2, it was 26.

Currently, the average age is about 29, with an average age of 27 for enlisted and 35 for officers.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Geez, guys. At least he's working.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
True....he could be cleaning cobra pens Big Grin

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8280040324

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Geez, guys. At least he's working.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post