SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New addition to the Family... we got a dog.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New addition to the Family... we got a dog. Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So this little guy was at the humane society. He never barked, and he seemed a little shy. Out in the meet and greet area, he was super friendly, but calm.
The humane society said he appears to be mini pin and chihuahua. Maybe all chihuahua. I don’t really give a shit what he is. He’s cool as fuck, and my wife loves him, so that’s all that really matters.
Supposed to be 3-4 years old. Definitely leash trained. Always walks to the right of everyone.
Bought a dog bed and immediately he knew what it was and jumped right in as if he owned it for years.
Assuming he’s housebroken. He hasn’t pissed a drop since we picked him up. I’m assuming it’s nervousness. We have had lots of walks and opportunities, just hasn’t squeezed a drop.
He has drank some water and eaten two treats and some kibble.
Mrs. Cooker likes him a lot.
I think he’s pretty damn awesome.

May I introduce to you, Louis, the newest member of the Family.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
When we brought Molly home she did not go to the bathroom for 2 days.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have had a couple rescues along the way with similar result - they took a couple days to get their plumbing operating regularly.

Congrats on the new addition, he looks like a fine chap and that your wife likes him already is a big +.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An awesome dog Beancooker!

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Cute! Nice woan woan. When raised right, chihuahua's are great. I miss mine.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
It always makes my day to hear of someone adopting a dog. Give him a few days and not only will his plumbing start working but he'll probably find his voice.

Great looking dog and thanks for adopting him.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Wait... I thought you said you got a dog.

That's a rat crossed with a pirahnna. Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pup. Hopefully he'll continue to be a non-barker. My pup only barks when she's afraid of something or playing. Congrats!

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the fur kid

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think he's adorable!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Looks like he wants Taco Bell

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
You are my hero of the day.

You made the difference of a lifetime for this little guy today.

Congratulations and well done!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Louis, what s good boy.
Nice addition to the family Beancooker.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So we haven’t had a dog since we first got together.

That was almost 17 years ago.

This dog is pretty great. Like i feel we won the lottery with this dog. Super awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I like him too. Congrats to you guy and him. Surely he is a mix. How big is he? His colors are very similar to an Australian shepherd we had many years ago.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Good on you!
I can't imagine not having a dog.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Well Done!

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Very nice, I like him too. Congrats to you guy and him. Surely he is a mix. How big is he? His colors are very similar to an Australian shepherd we had many years ago.

He’s about 8.5 lbs. yes, at his size, the .5 is a big deal.

quote:
The “lol” thread