SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Opinions On Panera Breads food?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Opinions On Panera Breads food? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Their prices are high enough that there is something to do when you pull up in the Panera parking lot. You have to say 'Hey Siri, directions to Longhorns'.

Some states have a hands-free law.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Overpriced for what you get.

Agreed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Ate there once because my wife likes it. It was okay. Had the bread bowl clam chowder which was rich and quite filling. I don't hate it but not on my destination restaurant list. If I happen to be with folks that like it and want to go there, I'll make it work. Kinda reminds me of a scaled down La Madeleine.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I didn't mind them but corporate put out a declaration that they didn't want people carrying in their stores so others could feel safe.

I granted them their wish by not going back.
https://money.cnn.com/2014/09/...s-request/index.html

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Put it this way, the Panera Bread here replaced a Burger King.

I miss the Burger King.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The lines are much longer at Chick-Fil-A. People go where the good stuff is.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What other's have said, some of the food, breads and pastries are o.k., but slightly over-priced. My 11 y.o. daughter loves their mac & cheese. The drive-thru is pretty quick, which we go thru once a week or so (if the Chic-fil-A line is too long), in between school, sports and myriad of other activities.

And don't expect to get a "real" bagel from there!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
I didn't mind them but corporate put out a declaration that they didn't want people carrying in their stores so others could feel safe.

Yet they don’t post no carry allowed.
So it’s a bit of double speak.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their baked goods and pastries are over priced, foo foo and soulless.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Food is excellent but they are proud of it. Too high. For yuppies and millenials

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
always got the half Greek salad and half Italian sandwich. They changed the sandwich not to long ago( not for the better) and now it's gone from the menu.

I stopped going there when the changed the Italian Sandwich. I feel your pain!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

Yet they don’t post no carry allowed.
So it’s a bit of double speak.

No, they don't. But w/ all the eatery options that don't go out of their way to request I don't go armed, I find no problem respecting their wishes. It's their intent and beliefs I have a problem w/. Not any legal stickers or lack of.

For me, it's similar to Penzey's Spice CEO telling customers to shop elsewhere for their spices if they voted for Trump. There is no gun signage or anti-Trump stickers on their stores but that's not the point.
And that's a tough one for me because I loved our local Penzey's store. I even applied there when I was laid off during Obama.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The lines are much longer at Chick-Fil-A. People go where the good stuff is.

I'd love for them to move a Chick-Fil-A in close, I'd go in a heart beat. I don't go in to eat these days, just use most drive thru's if they have them. The closest Chick-Fil-A is almost 10mi away inside a large shopping mall, thats not going to work for me. I'm sure soon or a later they'll put one up around here.

I'll likely give Panera's drive thru a visit, it's only about 4mi away. Try a salad and sandwich. Thanks for all the opinions.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I ate there once. Not that great and expensive. Never been back. My wife likes it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I vote for the German Baptists but if you need some Panera, try 'em out. They aren't gun friendly or the end all in semi-fast food, but some times ya gotts ta eat. Smile

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've been 3 times because I couldn't believe how little ~I~ cared for their menu.

For me it's "ok" but disappointing. I expect 'better' taste & quality given the massvolume/$cash outlay for the experience. I'm not a 'desert pastry' fan.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like them for a lunch place. The salads are unique and not something I would normally make at home. I usually get the pick 2 which is either salad and sandwich or soup.....any of the 2. Is it a little pricey for what you get, a little. But it's unique.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I like the breakfast souffles. As others have mentioned, I'm a big fan of the broccoli and cheddar soup.

JP

Posts: 2048 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Tried it once, never again.

Overpriced Ham Sandwich took forever to get and the bread was so hard/tough my teeth were actually sore the next day.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I used to get Panera a few times per month the first I lived in Houston and in the years since when I traveled since it was consistent. My go to was the roast beef on asiago bread.

They built one by my house and I excitedly waited for opening. I went in and did their soup & 1/2 sandwich combo, and of course chose the roast beef on asiago bread. It didn't seem right that it and a drink rang up to about $13, but he double checked that it was entered correctly. When they delivered the sandwich to my table it had a skinny solitary slice of roast beef. The manager stopped by and I commented on the single slice of meat and that meal has never costed even close to this much at any other Panera. He responded that the sandwich had the correct amount of meat and that was their price.

Fuck 'em. I haven't been back to that Panera or any other since then.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post