SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Opinions On Panera Breads food?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Opinions On Panera Breads food? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Grilled cheese and broccoli cheddar soup.

I think we just became best friends.

Big Grin

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Used to have one near me. Good salads. A bit overpriced, but most things are here.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
One of their large salads is too much for me; I usually get a pick 2: half a sandwich and a small salad, about $10-11 together.
Their salads are OK, not terrific. My favorite is their spring salad, the chicken apple and strawberry.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Overpriced for what you get.

Agreed.

Me, too.

My wife liked Panera, so she and I would go there occasionally. Last time we went, which would be a good number of years ago, we paid something like $16 for a couple cups of soup, half sandwiches and drinks, or something like that. And none of it was really all that remarkable.

That was my wife's second disappointing experience in a short while.

We haven't been back.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I had been going there for 15 years or so, always got the half Greek salad and half Italian sandwich. They changed the sandwich not to long ago( not for the better) and now it's gone from the menu. Mad Just found this out the other day when I went to order my Italian. I ordered the Cuban instead, not fit for dogs. May never go back

Wife went to lunch at Panera with a co-worker the other day. Sierra turkey sandwich is gone. She wasn't happy.

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
My daughter works there (11th grade), they are overpriced and the portions are small.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2209 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I had been going there for 15 years or so, always got the half Greek salad and half Italian sandwich. They changed the sandwich not to long ago( not for the better) and now it's gone from the menu. Mad Just found this out the other day when I went to order my Italian. I ordered the Cuban instead, not fit for dogs. May never go back

Wife went to lunch at Panera with a co-worker the other day. Sierra turkey sandwich is gone. She wasn't happy.

No Sierra Turkey on their menu. They do have a turkey sandwich for $7.95. I definitely going to try the bacon tomato grilled cheese sandwich out though.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I revamped my diet substantially a few months back.
So I am eating a lot more Salad. Their salads are top notch and a whole salad is a very generous portion in my book.
They are about $10 but especially with the strawberry poppyseed salad there is a fair amount of chicken and TONS of fresh ripe fruit.
Purchasing sliced fruit from the grocery I could not make the sale for that price.
Purchasing fruit I had to slice I likely could. Though would spend at least 15 minutes butting it up. So I do not find the $10 out of line.
I can’t comment on anything else but the Cinnamon Crunch bagels which are second to none. Have no clue how much they cost and frankly couldn’t care less they are that good.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Do they add any salad dressing on the side for you? Only reason I ask is that I've recently been cautioned about high sodium foods and stuff to cut back on. What I have at home, though tasting good (bacon ranch) it's loaded with sodium, now that I'm reading labels. What I do need to find is a low sodium garlic/parm-like salad dressing. Or perhaps a vinegarette dressing. I'm trying to change for the better so it will take a little time and experimenting.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Overpriced

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Do they add any salad dressing on the side for you? Only reason I ask is that I've recently been cautioned about high sodium foods and stuff to cut back on. What I have at home, though tasting good (bacon ranch) it's loaded with sodium, now that I'm reading labels. What I do need to find is a low sodium garlic/parm-like salad dressing. Or perhaps a vinegarette dressing. I'm trying to change for the better so it will take a little time and experimenting.

Yes, all dressing come on the side.
Their poppyseed dressing is quite good low in fat, calories, and sodium.
https://mobile.fatsecret.com/c...d/poppyseed-dressing

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Everything but the bread and bagels sucks. It’s fast food with good bread.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Another fan of their salads.

My wife loves their cinnamon crunch bagels, which I did not understand until last week, when she shared hers with me.

Better than crack, I swear. Try one and you will be a believer.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Overpriced, but I like their food. Great pastries, coffee is ok IMO. My wife and I used to eat here a lot, but hardly ever anymore, mostly due to the cost.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
Everything but the bread and bagels sucks. It’s fast food with good bread.

Yea but, point me in the direction to another fast foods with a drive thru that you can get a grilled cheese and bacon/tomato sandwich to go? Smile

No home cooking, I cannot hold stuff with my left hand..I'm limited in choices.

Regards, Will G.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Overpriced and overrated.

They block SIGforum and they block VPN tunnelling. They have nothing I want.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They block SIGforum and they block VPN tunnelling. They have nothing I want.

Big Grin

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I love their cinnamon crunch bagels. Toasted and then smear some honey walnut spread on them.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ordered a cup of their seven vegetable soup (which I liked) and that no one, including the two onsite managers, could name the seven vegetables used in the soup. I'd really prefer to eat food where management actually knows what's in it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
We eat there quite often. I’m a fan of their salads. My son and wife like the chicken soups.

I don’t feel like I need to fast for two days after I leave.

The paninis aren’t bad.

Cream of chicken and wild rice soup in a bread bowl is nice on a cold day.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post