SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Opinions On Panera Breads food?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Opinions On Panera Breads food? Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted
I saw this morning that they just built another Panera Breads close to my home with a Drive Thru. Though we do have quite a few here in Miami, I've never tried any of their foods. Looks like some good salads, soups and sandwiches, and baked goodies. Heck, they even have a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches I see.

Anybody else here tried them? I see that they do have locations across the US.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Like anything I spose they can be hit or miss....I like getting a breakfast sandwich on an 'everything' bagel...coffee is not bad either.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I went to one once and was not impressed. However, to be truthful, I don't care much for the type of food they offer (I think of it as "chick food").

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Processed food of any level is not a healthy option.
Even Panera.
But if it’s a Handful of otherwise lousy options, sure it’ll do.
At least the bread is recognizable as being a grain based item.

Ironically, I would give my lunch money to a small time sub shop...over Panera.
That’s more a Corporate issue..lolz.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Overpriced for what you get.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Overpriced for what you get.

Agreed.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Coffee's decent, pastry and breads are really quite good, food is OK, but as noted, a bit spendy for what you get, and chick or health oriented.

It's never my first choice, but it's not bad, and it probably won't kill you, either.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They have an awesome grilled cheese.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Food was Overpriced and I didn’t like it

Pastries are good

the coffee is good

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My Achilles heel is bread. Their broccoli cheese soup in the sourdough bread bowl is awesome, IMHO. Just don't eat it every night... Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I had been going there for 15 years or so, always got the half Greek salad and half Italian sandwich. They changed the sandwich not to long ago( not for the better) and now it's gone from the menu. Mad Just found this out the other day when I went to order my Italian. I ordered the Cuban instead, not fit for dogs. May never go back

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Meh. It used to be better IMO

Nowadays it's pretty expensive for very small portions and I hardly go there anymore. In the early to mid 2000's I'd be there 1-2 times a week or more.

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bit higher on price, but they do have good salads and soups.

The have a "Pick 2" that allows you to mix and match for meals.

Soups I really like: Tomato, French onion

Salads: Fuji Apple salad is one I like.

I try not to eat there too often. The one closest to my office has an awkward parking lot. Not their fault - it is the developer of the site in which they have a spot that didn't plan well.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
My Achilles heel is bread. Their broccoli cheese soup in the sourdough bread bowl is awesome, IMHO. Just don't eat it every night... Cool

Yeah, me too! I love that bread!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled cheese and broccoli cheddar soup.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Overpriced.

Frequently no place to sit after you have paid for your food, a table for four might be occupied by one person who has her "office" stuff spread out and squats at the table for hours with her phone, laptop, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I used to like several of their menu items but they keep screwing with the menu.

Only items I can recommend now:

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (bread bowl is good too)
Kitchen Sink Cookie

The chili is ok. Note the soups change each day.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Grilled cheese and broccoli cheddar soup.

I think we just became best friends.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Yea, I just pulled up their new location webpage and the prices are a little high. I don't mind a little splurge once in awhile if it's worth it. I see the salads are around $10-11 and sandwiches start at about $7-9. I'm going to give it a go to see if those are good anyway. I certainly don't see eating there several times a week, but drive thru's work for me.

We have out in the farm country area in Southwest Miami-Dade a German Baptist stand off the roadway that has just killer baked goods. Brownies, breads, pastries, pies, etc. Some say that they're Amish with their dress, but I asked and they said German Baptist. Always a line of folks but worth it. The lines move quickly. They are seasonal here and go back up north in the winter and are open here for a few months. Mouth watering, is a way to describe their cinnamon buns and pies..Dangerous for the weak minded that have a sweet tooth Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do enjoy their food. I baked for them for two years, and the food is not what I would call "processed," except for the soups. It is expensive, but the ingredients are all very high quality.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post