SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Low Carb / High Protein breakfast >>>>>
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low Carb / High Protein breakfast >>>>> Login/Join 
posted
I am going to lose weight and breakfast is the meal I am most hungry and have problems with. I need some low carb / high protein ideas that will keep me full for about 3 to 4 hours till I can snack on my apple or the like. What are some that you all can recommend or have worked for you ? Thank you and God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Egg whites.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16389 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
tagged for interest.

45 years of "stress sandwich and bad coffee" are not working as well as it used to do.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Two fried eggs, picante sauce, and bacon.

Ham and cheese omelet.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breakfast turns to gold, lunch to silver, and dinner to lead. I recommend some carbs, probably 20%. Mostly steak and eggs, oatmeal and eggs, steak and home fries. Also some orange or some melon. I mean a complete orange, or even two. 1/4 to half of a melon.

The fat in the meat or eggs will slow down the digestion of the carbs. This should keep you from being hungry for about 5 hours. Have a good all around lunch, with low carbs. Dinner, minimum carbs, mostly vegetables plus some meat.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I usually just have a quest protein bar for breakfast during the week. 190 calories and tastes great. The high protein keeps me full. Love the chocolate chip cookie dough. Buy it by the case.

http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-bars/

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Not sure it meets your requirement but a good piece of wheat toast, quality Peanut butter and and half of a banana.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Premier protein shakes from Costco about $1.25 each. 160 cals, 30g protein, 3g fat, and 4g carbs and about 25%+ MDR of essential vitamins.

I'll have 2, one early one at 10 or one with some fruit (sometimes as a smoothies) or a couple of eggs. Keeps calories before lunch under 350, very tasty and filling. I like vanilla.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Omelets

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Eggs, not egg whites. No reason not to eat the high-protein yolks.
Eggs and Canadian bacon--our daily low-carb breakfast.
Can make an omelet with cheese and veggies, still low-carb, high-protein.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Got a good blender?

Throw 1/2 cup of uncooked old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and 3 eggs in the fiends. Cook the batter like a pancake. Adorn with whatever you want but natural peanut butter (only ingredient peanuts and maybe salt, Adams brand will work). Very filling.

Get uncured ham slices, "lay one in each muffin tin, crack an egg into your ham cup, salt and pepper. Bake for about 18 minutes at 350. Excellent high protein/no carb breakfast to go.

Posts: 6360 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If OP wants low carb then why would he eat a sugar bomb I mean two oranges or half a melon?

I've been trying low(er) carb and breakfast tastes great. Eggs, bacon, steak, pork. Mmmmmmmm.

But without some low sugar veg, or bread, or plain oatmeal, I have a hard time getting through the morning without getting hungry. Extra fat seems to help (whole milk plain yogurt, hard cheese, or sausage/burger instead of lean steak or ham).

And that batter sounds good (except for cottage cheese, but it blends, right?). I'm going to try that.

Posts: 515 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several articles I've read recently advocate having 1/2 of a grapefruit (the darker the fruit, the better) with each meal. While it does have sugar and carbs, it is a low glycemic type and reported helps keep you feeling full longer.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to argue with eggs. A lot of breakfast shakes/bars I've tried or seen can have a lot of sugar.

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One breakfast meal I like that is relatively low carb is eggs (scrambled or omelet, often with some cheese), chopped spinach, and beans (either black or kidney). I'll top the eggs with some salsa, add a little black pepper to the beans, and put some butter on the spinach. Serving size is each item taking up 1/3 of the plate (ok, the eggs may take up a little more room).

The beans do have carbs, but also fiber, to help fill you up. Plus, you can lower the glycemic index of any food simply by eating it with something else, particularly protein.

If you do get hungry before lunch, a handful of almonds as a mid-morning snack can help with hunger pangs.

As far as weight loss goes, the strategy that worked best for me was to exercise in the morning before breakfast, eat a high carb breakfast with a good amount of protein and some fat, and then over the course of the day reduce my carb intake, eating a low carb dinner (example: chicken breast, some mixed veggies, and a salad). It may not work for everybody, but it might be worth considering.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
South Beach Diet
Read it
Live it

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1301 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Three scrambled eggs with melted cheese on top and Texas Pete on top of that, washed down with milk.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Eggs, not egg whites. No reason not to eat the high-protein yolks.
Eggs and Canadian bacon--our daily low-carb breakfast.
Can make an omelet with cheese and veggies, still low-carb, high-protein.

My favorite weekend omelet is to saute some onions and garlic in olive oil and set aside. Then start the omelet and fill with the onion/garlic, diced fresh tomatoes, chopped avocado and shredded cheddar.

My usual weekday breakfast is boring - a cup of yogurt and a banana with my water.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I hate to say it, but a lot of the cross fitters around here have been drinking Slimfast Advanced Nutrition for breakfast. You can pick it up at walmart and it tastes pretty good. Low carb, low sugar, and high protein.
Bacon and eggs are a good choice with a little cheese sprinkled on, but if you can't or won't do that, take a look at the Slimfast.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
3 egg omelet with cheese and veggies. Lasts a while and good for you.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post