SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thurl Ravenscroft
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thurl Ravenscroft Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Did you know the voice of Tony the Tiger, Thurl Ravenscroft, was also the singer of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"?

I found that interesting and it's strangely evident once you know.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I knew that. He attended the same church our family attended back in the day. Needless to say, he, amd his voice, was a hit with the kids after services.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found that interesting and it's strangely evident once you know.

I did not know that; and "it's strangely evident once you know". thanks for adding that to my store of hidden-lore-that-only-few-know.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I have a soft spot for Thurl Ravenscroft since he narrated the 1969 storybook LP record of my favorite childhood Disney attraction, The Haunted Mansion. He also sings in its famous song, "Grim Grinning Ghosts."

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough, I found that out last year around this time.
I think I looked up the singer on account of hearing the Grinch song so much on the radio.

Impressive name too. It goes well with the voice.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thurl Ravenscroft

Very cool. Didn't know that, but like many folks in those roles he's got a pretty impressive roster of roles.

IMDB

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post