SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Island Vacation recommendations please
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Island Vacation recommendations please Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
British Virgin Islands are our favorite. We can sail so we stay on the boat that we sail ourselves and do our own schedule.
Beautiful place, no language or currency problems and seem very safe.
No telling what the travel situation will be by spring time.
Wherever you decide to go, make sure any deposit is refundable or stay in the US and plan for 2022.

Ditto on BVI. Have been there many times. Love it. Much friendlier people than the US VI. favorite spot is Anegada. Recommend the Anegada Reef Hotel. Go to BVI, you too will fall in love with it. We sail too so no particular island for more that a couple days.

Another that recommends the BVI. We bareboated a couple of times and stayed mostly in the BVIs. Anegada was really special, but staying on Tortola would be a good choice. You could taxi to other islands, rent a boat yourselves.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Kauai. In the United States. Small, tranquil. Beautiful beaches. And the locals are hurting financially.

Kauai reinstated the quarantine requirement effective 12/2.

https://www.thegardenisland.co...afe-travels-opt-out/

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Kauai. In the United States. Small, tranquil. Beautiful beaches. And the locals are hurting financially.

Kauai reinstated the quarantine requirement effective 12/2.

https://www.thegardenisland.co...afe-travels-opt-out/

He is not going right now. He’s going spring break time frame.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Mrs Cooker and I went to a few islands. St. Maarten is by far the best island experience ever. Beautiful, beyond words. The people were the coolest and most chill people we met. Cost of goods was fantastic. One of the greatest places on the planet we visited.
The Dutch side of the island is amazing.
The French side was dirty, but the food was amazing.
Definitely wish to go back there someday.

Steer clear if the USVI (filthy and aggressive people wanting tourist money), and same for the Bahamas.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Turks and Caicos. Nicest beach I have ever been on. Stay anywhere on Grace bay. Great food choices, plenty to do and very safe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post