SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It Occurred To Me That Germany Is Run Like A Giant HOA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It Occurred To Me That Germany Is Run Like A Giant HOA Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I was stationed there and saw all the quirks and strange (to Americans) laws and regulations that Germany has and it struck me that the entire country is run like an HOA:

Was recently reading an article that listed some of them which I had for gotten all about:

-Make noise on Sunday, get fined
-Talk to a cop the wrong way (Du instead of Sie), get fined
-Warm up your car in the morning, get fined
-The government has to approve your baby's name
-Run out of gas on the Autobahn, get fined

Any others I missed?

Posts: 33764 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Invade Poland, murder 6 million Jews...

Posts: 107493 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

/endthread. LOL

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
let the HOA invite a million or so unemployed guests to live in any vacant houses, otherwise camp out around the neighborhood, rape and rob the locals, then make the association pay to feed them, for their medical, and so on

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Germany is run differently than the U.S., and I would not care to live in that sort of system.

But they are obviously successful. They are getting something right.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Drive in winter conditions without winter tires and get in an accident, it is your fault and you get a ticket

Posts: 3717 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Germany is run differently than the U.S., and I would not care to live in that sort of system.

But they are obviously successful. They are getting something right.

"at least it's an ethos"

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The traffic cops carry submachine guns and collect fines on the spot.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Invade the Soviet Union but don't invade Great Britian, loose TWO World Wars...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
To be fair, Poland's hedges were too tall.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Military and Civil Service workers swear allegiance to Hitler.

Made him Dictator with absolute power.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
The one thing that was tough with driving is that there is no speed limit until there is. When there is you get a ticket from a camera at the very spot the speed limit starts. No warning that the speed limit is coming up. No warning there's a camera. If you didn't know, too bad.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
effing communists

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
To be fair, Poland's hedges were too tall.

Poland left its garage door open over night and had to be dealt with.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
All justified.

Denmark failed to edge their sidewalk.

Norway replaced their mailbox with an unapproved design.

The Netherlands stored ther garbage can in a location visible from the street.

Belgium installed a satellite dish.

Luxembourg built a shed that was 8 inches over the allowable height.

And France allowed a visiting guest to park their car at the curb for over 24 hours.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
All justified.

And France allowed a visiting guest to park their car at the curb for over 24 hours.

now, that's funny right there.

The OP is right on the money. I think the krauts are trying to impose control from above to spare people the risk of infringing upon one another. The government impose such strict rules, it drives the people to seek outlets for all of their repressed incivility....which is why the krauts are such perverts.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
All justified.

What? So ze Germans did't like the eye sores and thought they could act like a bunch of Nazis? You just wait for the next HOA meeting!

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

"at least it's an ethos"

Nicely done!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post