SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Online knife stores
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online knife stores Login/Join 
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted
Looking to order a Spyderco Para 3 lightweight. I haven't bought from any of the online knife stores before and was hoping to get feedback on some of them from the membership here -- I've seen some of the online reviews, but they are, as usual, contradictory and hard for me to parse.

Looking at Blade HQ, Knivesshipfree, DLT Trading, Smoky Mountain Knifeworks, Knife Center. I'm sure there are lots of other sellers, large and small, but again, I'm new at this online buying. All my other knives have been through a store or directly from the maker (Matt Lesniewsky). Thanks.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I've bought from all the ones you listed, never an issue.

I like Knivesshipfree, as I perceive they are a small family business, and their prices are competitive.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
I've done quite a bit of business with Blade HQ and DLT. Just ordered a SAK from DLT yesterday infact. Never an issue with either company. Quick shipping and recieved exactly what I'd ordered. When I was living in Utah I visited Blade HQ's retail store and always received top notch customer service.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from BladeHQ and Smokey Mountain with no issues.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
I have purchased from most of the vendors listed with positive experiences. The online vendor I like the most, however, is The Knifeworks, not to be confused with Smokey Mountain Knifeworks.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I have both long term and recent experience with virtually all the major online knife sellers. In my estimation, BladeHQ has the best website to look-up both knives and specs....however Knifeworks & DLT Trading have the finest customer service, fastest shipping and are competitive price-wise with all other sellers.

(And, to the OP, Knifeworks is located in Columbia, LA.)

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've dealt with DLT Trading and they are great to deal with! No problems whatsoever!
Good people..

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much all of the above.

GP Knives could be another.
https://www.gpknives.com/brand...spyderco-para-3.html

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said, pretty much all of the above. I've done very well with Knifeworks, Knifecenter, Blade HQ, and Knivesshipfree. No problems with any of them; usually bought the most competitive for the knife I was looking for.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I've bought knives from a lot of the above sellers. Always had good service. Kershawguy is a great guy to deal with. https://kershawguy.com

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with the Knifecenter and Knivesshipfree. Both are solid, efficient businesses with every order I have placed delivered correctly and on time. I would say they have great customer service but I haven't had to contact either one directly since the original transactions have been problem free.
Another one to consider is AG Russell (https://agrussell.com/). They carry more special runs and knives from certain bladesmiths, not always the lowest price but good service.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kershawguy is a great guy to deal with. https://kershawguy.com

Could not agree more.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BladeHQ
Houseofblades

Those are my go to.

GP knives has price gouged people in the past

The guy who owned knivesshipfree passed away recently and I don't know if they are still as good as they were.

Most manufacturers have implemented pricing control is so it's almost 6 of one, half dozen of another when buying.

I know people at Houseofblades and they are cool. BladeHQ does a crap ton for the knife community.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
The guy who owned knivesshipfree passed away recently and I don't know if they are still as good as they were.

Really? I’ve seen no notice of that and no mention in their personalized emails.

They moved to Chattanooga a few years ago and I used to stop by when working up there. They are great people and fun to talk to. They’ll go back and pull inventory and give you the pick of the litter.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Another rec for kershawguy.com

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Really? I’ve seen no notice of that and no mention in their personalized emails.

Yes, they discussed it in some of their emails a couple of years ago. I think they were still in Escanaba, MI when that happened. AFAIK, his wife Wendy is now running the business.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
BladeHQ, KnivesPlus, and KnifeCenter. Knivesshipsforfree will need to try.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
As above. Plaza Cutlery is another good one, family owned.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Ordered alot from here... https://agrussell.com/

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post