SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pretty cool video for any hams who've done any VHF contesting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretty cool video for any hams who've done any VHF contesting Login/Join 
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted
I'm familiar with the quad array of 17 el. Yagi's they start off with but if you continue watching, you'll see an incredible array erected below the quad array. The shack is equally impressive and the two ops seem to really be in sync with each other.

Link

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I guess anything worth doin' is worth over-doin'. Looks like all we're having fun and that's what it's all about.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. I’ve heard about that station before but hadn’t seen their tower. That’s got to be about a half million in antennas alone.

Contesting isn’t something I’ve ever gotten in to.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Puts my Windom OCF to shame. No wonder I can't contact anybody...

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s got to be about a half million in antennas alone.

The 4 boomers alone would be around $2k and that's without the array frame, phasing harnesses, coax and rotor. I have no idea about the other antennas but these boys are definitely the antithesis of the take a Bao Feng to the mountain top in a rucksack with a solar powered LiPo pack and a home-brew, handheld 4 element beam crowd.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post