SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Something I thought I'd never say, I want a Prius.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something I thought I'd never say, I want a Prius. Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
But only if it's like this one!

https://blog.caranddriver.com/...rius-very-different/

Hellcat-Powered Toyota “PriuSRT8” Is a Different Kind of Prius—Very Different
NOVEMBER 2, 2017 AT 10:30 AM BY ALEXANDER STOKLOSA | PHOTOGRAPHY BY MICHAEL SIMARI

Hellcat-Powered Toyota "PriuSRT8" A second-generation Toyota Prius that has been force fed a supercharged Hellcat V-8 turns the whole Prius idea completely on its head. Finished just days before the 2017 SEMA show opened this week, this anti-Prius is aptly named PriuSRT8—a mishmash of Prius and SRT8.

Built by American Racing Headers (ARH), the PriuSRT8 keeps the Prius’s basic shell intact but replaces everything else with hardware that can support a 707-hp-plus V-8 engine. In went a custom ladder frame, a four-link rear suspension, a nine-inch rear axle, a carbon-fiber driveshaft, a six-speed Tremec manual transmission, and a full roll cage.

Because the Hellcat engine on its own wasn’t insane enough, ARH bolted a bigger Whipple supercharger to it. (The engine, by the way, was sourced from FCA, but it isn’t one of Mopar’s new Hellcat crate engines.) In case it isn’t immediately obvious, the Prius is no longer front-wheel drive.

The interior is completely custom, and the back seats were sacrificed to make room for the roll cage. That cuts down on the PriuSRT8’s usability, but it’s not slowing ARH down—a rep told us they plan to daily-drive the thing.

As fans of puns and wordplay, we appreciated the clever badges and stickers ARH had slapped all over its creation: “Weapon of Mass Consumption,” “Fixed in the U.S.A.,” and a “Mean Ass Vehicle” label made to look like a California HOV sticker. The PriuSRT8 badges borrow their font design from Chrysler’s SRT division, and the small “Burns Gas and Rubber” badge on the hatch adopts the look of Toyota’s own Hybrid Synergy Drive button. If we had to guess a motivation behind the project, it would be a one-finger salute to political correctness.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn you had me going there. As I opened the thread I contemplated finding a GIF of a wet tongue giving a raspberry to post! Smile LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They'd still drive in the left lane at 5 mph under the speed limit.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabibill:
They'd still drive in the left lane at 5 mph under the speed limit.

10 to 15

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Cool

Check out license plate.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Top speed?

I mean, before the crash.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we had to guess a motivation behind the project, it would be a one-finger salute to political correctness.

Ya think? Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Bigger is better.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I like the Prius. I've wanted to get one for a while and plaster it with right wing political stickers and pro gun stickers. They just arnt big enough for our family though. Frown

I saw a Dodge Viper with a Prius "Hybrid synergy drive" badge on the back. I got a good chuckle out of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
A motor with wheels on it. Pretty funny. Put a motor like that in a Ranger sized pickup would be a cool - heck in my F150 would be too!!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
That last photo! Hahahahahahahaha!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that anytime traffic is backed up, traveling slowly or otherwise AFU, a Prius is involved.

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine the driver being very comfortable in there with the engine so far back...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
turn in your man card....

seriously...you really want to be identified as a tree-hugging bark-chewing vegan libtard?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
turn in your man card....

seriously...you really want to be identified as a tree-hugging bark-chewing vegan libtard?

You must not have read the op's post. A race car with a Prius shell would only piss off the Libs.

Posts: 3917 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Smile

yeah, but its still a Prius... Smile

its like putting a V12 twin turbo in a Lada...its still a Lada

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But, but, but...it's a Prius. It's saving the Planet.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
this is what all the fuss is about...