SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you cooking for Thanksgiving? Recipes? Pics are a plus... No politics or COVID crap.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you cooking for Thanksgiving? Recipes? Pics are a plus... No politics or COVID crap. Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So, what are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

Keep COVID and politics out of this thread, please.
This is about food, and tasty as fuck food, nothing more.

Please keep the COVID and politics to the other threads! I said it twice for those who are obstinate.

I’m making multiple dishes.

Breakfast is Farmer John sausage that I’ll smoke on the smoker for two hours or so, and Cinnabon mini buns.

The meal....

Salad.
Butter lettuce sliced thin.
Baby Arugula with the stems picked off.
English cucumber sliced thin.
Bell peppers Julienned.
Dressing made of olive oil, balsamic, some Mayo, lots of dill pollen, a slight pinch of fennel pollen, julianned sun dried tomatoes, some salt, pepper, and espelette powder.
Topped with glazed pecans, pomegranate arils, pine nuts, dried mulberries, and some shaved Parmesan.

Mini potatoes sliced into halves or quarters. Bathed in olive oil, with a healthy sprinkle of salt and pepper and some herbs de province.

Lamb chops in a garlic ginger glaze. Marinated for a few hours in a ginger garlic acidic marinade. Seared all around on a cast iron, glazed with a ginger, garlic, honey, sugar, soy sauce glaze. Baked for about 10 minutes at 400° convection.

There will be multiple cheese appetizers and lots of snack nuts and goodies.

Dessert is baklava. The savory, nutty, crispy, sweet gloriousness gifted from God.

Drinks will be whatever we want from Canadian whiskey.
These is also a vanilla coffee porter.
Last but not least a pineapple cider. (Yeah, cider is gay, gross and a ladies drink, but this one is tasty as fuck.)

Pics to follow when things are cooked! I’ll also add recipes.

So what are you cooking?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Wifey is cooking Americanized enchiladas. Neither of us have a drop of Latino blood so this is Old El Paso American chicken enchiladas. We will have cranberry sauce so something traditional is on the plate. Pillsbury sugar cookies with a Turkey design for dessert. We all like turkey but not enough to bother with the preparation involved and our Thanksgivings are just nuclear events so we only have to cook to suit our palates.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very simple, just the two of us.
Round steak,fresh carrot's and peas.

The festive has escaped us this holiday season ,
my winning a tenth of the Powerball lottery tonight may very well turn that around.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Cooking a 6.5 pound brisket. Will put it in the smoker at 5 or 6 am.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm working today and tomorrow, so super easy dinner tonight. Mini turkeys (Cornish Game Hens), mashed taters, broccoli with cheese, and some king's hawaiian rolls.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Venison tenderloin, boiled potatoes with venison gravy, veggie, salad.

YUM!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Oyster soup

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The usual: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, assorted other sides:

Except we didn't get a spot in Bahia Honda, so we are in Sunshine Key RV Resort. The picture is from Bahia Honda.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

We had a get together this past Saturday for those that may not make it for Thanksgiving and we'll probably make it a tradition from now on. There was plenty of food (roughly 70 pounds) and if someone went home hungry, it was their own damn fault Big Grin

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What did you use for a pot, 55 gallon barrel? Big Grin

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Wow, Mr. mutedblade & family. Just wow. Congratulations on your big win, Mr. bendable!

I had my 2 sons & family over Tuesday, as T-Day was already spoken for. Traditional turkey dinner. I did make the sweet potato casserole with pecan topping posted on SF in an earlier thread. It was damn good.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
What did you use for a pot, 55 gallon barrel? Big Grin

3 cookers going. A 55 gallon barrel would have been nice. Off to the farm for our regular Thanksgiving festivities.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just Mrs. Warhorse and I.

Boneless Turkey Titty, mashed potato's, candied Yams, green bean casserole, cranberry gell, deviled eggs, French bread rolls, and of course pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Going to snack on corn relish, cottage cheese, radish's, green onions, and crackers in the early afternoon.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Noah, I know what you wrote was, "what are you cooking for Thanksgiving?" Somehow, what I read was, "hey, Grandpa, what's for supper?" (linky) Big Grin Baklava for dessert? Yum!

It's a turkey breast and a ham here. I put together a brine last night (I've never done this before -- here's the recipe). The ham is a spiral-cut pre-cooked character, going in the crock pot in about 20 minutes (recipe here) with a bunch of brown sugar and some pineapple.

Green beans, baked beans, pasta salad, King's Hawaiian rolls, pumpkin pie. There's a blueberry wine cake coming (I'll post that recipe once I get hold of it), along with some other goodies.

Ain't nobody starving at vthoky's house today!

And by the looks of it, nobody's starving over at Lake Anna, neither! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
The smoker is going and the oven is cooking.....12# turkey, home cured ham and bacon, 3 pies, homemade cinnamon rolls and more. We're at our son's home in SLC - they are great cooks.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lentil soup for a starter. Then Porterhouse steaks on the grill, twice baked potatoes, chopped salad and green beans. Dessert is a couple different kinds of pie, apple and pumpkin, I believe. Oh, and alcohol. Lots of alcohol.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BACON Wrapped Turkey Breasts - One boneless and one bone in....Pictures to follow when they are coming off the smoker (cooking at 300F until internal temp reaches 165F)....

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Shrimp Cocktail
Mixed Salad
Prime Tenderloin Fillets
Scalloped Potatoes
Grilled Asparagus
Homemade Cornbread Muffins

Desert:
Yuengling Lager
Booker's 124 proof
Jack Daniel's Winter Jack
Knob Creek 9 year Small Batch

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Just the two of u this year.

I'm making Osso Buco.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
We as a family decided to not congregate this Thanksgiving, taking our chances at Christmas.

It's me and my honey. So, prime cut prime rib from Central Market(damn $$$), brussel sprouts sautéed with bacon, fresh baked yeast roles. A baked potato, either standard Idaho or a sweat potato. Wife can't make up her mind... I'm good with either. Glass of wine (twice a year for me, okayed by Doc as I'm pretty much off alcohol) Then fresh baked apple pie and or pumpkin pie for dessert. I'll go with the apple as then I can get a scoop of ice cream which doesn't go well with pumpkin. Coffee with dessert.

Maybe pics later if I remember.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post