SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging member bayouman in New Orleans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging member bayouman in New Orleans Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Hey, I was wondering if you are doing well as New Orleans had a heck of a spread of novel coronavirus after Mardi Gras.

Seems like the P229 karma has run awry.

Let us know how you are doing.

Thanks.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Check in Bm

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I hope your OK

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have his phone number? Maybe try calling to make sure he is okay?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
First, I know no one here is bashing New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

I live across the lake from New Orleans and was raised in New Orleans and Jefferson Parish. (And just to correct an asinine statement by a major news journalist: New Orleans is not next to Orleans Parish - New Orleans city limits is the entire parish!)

Just so everyone understands, U.S. health officials did not discover the first corona virus case in the U.S. that was not tied to travel abroad until February 28th - four days after Mardi Gras.

At the time of Mardi Gras, only 15 cases were known in the U.S.

The major problems are in nursing homes. And, like some other large cities, N.O. has a large minority population with Democratic mayors since 1872. The last Republican mayor was elected April 4, 1870.

I speak regularly to close friends living in N.O./Jefferson Parish all are fine - and all stayed home during Mardi Gras. At our age (all over 70) Mardi Gras lost its appeal after the first 50+ years. Wink

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stayed home for Mardi Gras this year. had other life aspects that took priority.

my work has us 50/50 in field and remote, the message is basically get done what you need to do and GTFA from people

I'm very happy I live 25 miles away from the population center that is the mayhem of New Orleans, though technically I'm still within the city boundary's

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
I'm good. The P229 Karma had a problem getting posted, finally got done. My family is all fine and we are following the precautions. It reminds me a little of post-Katrina but we have electricity, water and AC. We adapt and overcome.

As a retired Infection Control Practitioner I can say without question the CDC, NIH and government are trying to contain the COVID-19 and reduce it's growth curve to let it die out. Keep safe and follow the precautions.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
finally got done

Third time is the charm.

Glad all is well

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Good to see you're all right, bayouman Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I too am glad to hear that you are well. That said you might want to get rid of that dartboard you were using for the P226 karma. You missed too often! LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Good to see you're all right, bayouman Smile

Bayouman

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
Yeah thanks

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I too am glad to hear that you are well. That said you might want to get rid of that dartboard you were using for the P226 karma. You missed too often! LOL

Bayouman

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey! Just wanted to know that you were doing well, wasn't trying to compare Mardi Gras to the Liberty Loan parades.

FWIW, you'll need to have your e-mail address in your profile for the P229.

Take care of yourself.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^ And the soap, it arrived today

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear all is good BM.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Cheers, brother! Glad you well!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Glad you are okay Bayouman. Got worried for a moment.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post