SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Helicopter and hovercraft ride
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Helicopter and hovercraft ride Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Airwolf was a modded bell 222. Santini's flag painted chopper was a Jet Ranger.

Never been on eithern but both would be an interesting ride. My lack of swimming ability makes me hesitate on the hovercraft though.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 1147 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If you are going to do a helo, do it right.

http://www.helibacon.com/aeria...r-machine-gun-range/

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 9646 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock or Something
Picture of Marc in FL
posted Hide Post
Go for it if you have the opportunity.

A friend built a hovercraft at home for his kids. While in the trials, I got to try it out for its main den voyage. Lots of fun, very dirty, and I thought of building one myself.

I also remember my first helicopter flight in the front seat. I got to manipulate the controls for the first time. I was so psyched that it would change the course of my life afterwards.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
copters are cool, even like those better than private airplanes. Never done hovercraft, but think it would be cool as well.
Have you ridden an ATV?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 555 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many helo rides-maybe the most fun was one on a Colombian National Police surplus Huey. (Go ahead, Sargento, the cincuenta is loaded!)

Anyway, if the doors are off, use the adjacent seat belt as well as your own.

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 483 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Ive done 1 and 3. Both very cool experiences. Did a few hilos, so the Aurora was quite substantial, and moving for me. Wanted to see it my entire life, finally got the chance in Iceland 3 years ago I believe. Awesome for sure, you will never forget it.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 6537 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
I've had several helo rides and even took helo flying lessons in a Bell 47. I had been flying radio control helo's for awhile. The instructor told me to fly it just like my R/C copters. Damned if he wasn't right, controls worked just the same. Big fun. Never been on a hovercraft. Given my age and finances probably won't ever get to.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.

Posts: 69 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Helicopter ride when I was in 6th grade, Lifeflight to the hospital after a bad car accident. Had a C collar on and kept turning my head to try to look out the window, the medic didn't appreciate that too much lol. Hover craft ride from Hong Kong to Macau, this one was more enjoyable.

Posts: 374 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Never done a hovercraft, done the other two.

Posts: 502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post