SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    McDonalds employee's pro creating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McDonalds employee's pro creating Login/Join 
posted
No this is not an Onion story.

Three times a year I will stop for a fish sandwich.

today I saw four pregnant gals working behind the counter.

( side bar : no, that was not enough people to get my food order correct)

and then I had to return to the counter to get a fresh chicken nugget,

After a considerable wait I return to the counter to hopefully obtain some hot food,
The S,B, then tells me that she called me twice and I did not run up there.

so I asked for a refund and departed.

How do you wake up in the morning knowing full well that your entire existence depends on working at McDonald's , and THEN decide that what you really need is children to support ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
How do you wake up in the morning knowing full well that your entire existence depends on working at McDonald's , and THEN decide that what you really need is children to support ?

In most cases, it's not that they decided to have kids. They just didn't bother think about the potential consequences before they spread their legs.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
You seem to assume they are single parents and/or this is their only job, but you don't really know their life or economic circumstances. And at least they are working, not just sitting around waiting for the next EBT fillup.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you are correct , I did not get a copy of their resume.

but since they can not comprehend the "hot food to customers that give you money "
paradigm...........

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Making DACA Babies?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8347 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They started a program nationwide where they bring the food to your table, not call out your name for you to pickup your food. So they dropped the ball here.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If I tried that kind of work, there would probably be hamburgers stuck to the ceiling. Big Grin I don't do well with endless repetitive tasks, under time pressure, with everybody yelling back and forth.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you but I'm glad they were at McDonalds working and not sitting at home collecting welfare and watching Dr. Phil. I'll not criticize anyone that is at work and trying to make a living.

My 18 year old daughter works at McDonalds and I'll give anyone props that can get up every morning and go to that grind.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Making DACA Babies?

DACA only applies to people who were born overseas, and then entered the country illegally as a child.

Someone, citizen or otherwise, having a baby here in the US doesn't have anything to do with DACA.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought we were talking about creating professionals to work at the McDonalds. They seem to hire a lot of amateurs. JMHO

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
There should be a law banning people who work at McDonalds from having kids!

Posts: 13104 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
I don't know about you but I'm glad they were at McDonalds working and not sitting at home collecting welfare and watching Dr. Phil. I'll not criticize anyone that is at work and trying to make a living.

My 18 year old daughter works at McDonalds and I'll give anyone props that can get up every morning and go to that grind.

LBTRS makes a very valid point.

Count your blessings when you see others working at a legitimate job.
Those that sit at home relying on others to be their sole providers via EBT and other taxpayer funded programs are the ones to be upset with.

Perhaps your expectations are too high for a $3 meal with no tip expected.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
What you are discussing in this sentence is the process of 'thought'. These people do not engage in this process. Ever.
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
They started a program nationwide where they bring the food to your table, not call out your name for you to pickup your food. So they dropped the ball here.
It's McDonald's. They never had possession of the ball.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:

+1

I worked at Burger King for a whole month in high school. I was real motivated to find something better quickly. While it's not a dream job, it's better than no job and hopefully just a stepping stone for most.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My step-daughter works at McDonalds and before that at Subway. She is a hard and conscientious worker who management notices and wants to promote through management training. That said, she has plenty of stories of many she works with who simply do not care for the quality of work they do. Why she doesn't yet realize she cannot make her future there but use it rather as a jumping off point I do not know.

I don't know know if it is a sign of the times, but I started at $1.90 an hour minimum wage but always felt I should do my best regardless of pay. In short, what I earned per hour dod not dictate my convictions.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keeotee:
My step-daughter works at McDonalds and before that at Subway. She is a hard and conscientious worker who management notices and wants to promote through management training. That said, she has plenty of stories of many she works with who simply do not care for the quality of work they do. Why she doesn't yet realize she cannot make her future there but use it rather as a jumping off point I do not know.

I don't know know if it is a sign of the times, but I started at $1.90 an hour minimum wage but always felt I should do my best regardless of pay. In short, what I earned per hour dod not dictate my convictions.

You most certainly can make a career out of McDonald's, they promote from within. If she wants to go the management route and works hard and can learn she can become a store manager pretty easily. They also have scholarship programs. If she succeeds at store manager she's got a shot at corporate or regional manager positions. Also she could then take her managerial experience to a higher scale restaurant as well.

Successful people share the same sentiment that I bolted in your quote. No matter what my job is I treat it like its my job, and do the best I can.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
You most certainly can make a career out of McDonald's, they promote from within. If she wants to go the management route and works hard and can learn she can become a store manager pretty easily.

55 hours a week for $38K? No thanks.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's McDonald's. They never had possession of the ball.

Big Grin

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after 30 years in the dealing with the public business,
I decided to call and speak with the owner,
he can't fix it if he does not know that its broke.

turns out that no one knows when he will be in or for how long , on what day.

Well, there's your problem right there.

If the owner would work the counter twice a week , they would all know by his example and he could be proud of his staff and store.

Lack of leadership will destroy a store.

How is it that 160 million americans know about this problem but 160 board members and 6,000 investors are totally clueless ?

it has to be costing someone money somewhere