SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big Kudos to Leupold and Stevens.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Kudos to Leupold and Stevens. Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
Back in September I picked up a nice 16X Leupold target scope from eBay. After I received it, I decided to call Leupold and see if they would check it out for me. I spoke with one of their customer service reps. He told me to send it in and have it inspected, cleaned, and adjusted. So that is exactly what I did. A couple weeks later, Leupold Customer Service called me and said the scope was too old for servicing, but they would replace it gratis with an equivalent current manufactured model. Yesterday UPS delivered a new 24X target scope. Who could ask for anything more!

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
My last scope purchase was a Leupold. I cried once - it was expensive - but nice to do business with an American company that knows the meaning of customer service. And their products are excellent.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I sent them a pair of 20 yr old binos that needed repair and they fixed them to new condition. They and Benchmade Knives are top notch companies for CS. Both of them are 'buy once, cry once' companies.

jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leupold is renowned for their CS. The stories ive heard of some trashed equipment getting repaired or replaced at no cost are too many and varied to not be true.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I had some target turrets and different reticle installed in an old Vari-X III. They replaced the objective lens at no cost.

I was told by the CS rep they get lots of counterfeit products sent for warranty service.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post