SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What preparation advice do you / would you give to marrying/married daughters?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What preparation advice do you / would you give to marrying/married daughters? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yamert has a really good point. There are people you and I will never understand. Call it violence prone, they will do harm we would never consider.

Read them for what they are, let someone else “rescue” them. Repeated broken promises and lies show an obvious trend. This is writing on the wall, read it, heed it, break it off.

One thought that stuck in my mind as a newlywed, one day my new wife told me, in simple conversation “You will never hit me”. It never occurred to me to do that, but her statement was clear.

If you have daughter(s) that are dating, of any age, this should be a statement they make in discussions with their date. The reaction should be a clear indication of where the relationship is/isn’t going.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thought that stuck in my mind as a newlywed, one day my new wife told me, in simple conversation “You will never hit me”. It never occurred to me to do that, but her statement was clear.

I like that. I'm going to add that in with my kids. Thx!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post