SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Memorial Day Flag Etiquette
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorial Day Flag Etiquette Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
As much as I am pro President Trump, his “orders” regard half-staff flag display is to Federal buildings and military. I will ignore his half-mast for Corona victims, just as I ignore half-staff decrees for sports or entertainment celebrities, hurricane victims, etc.

I fly my flag by the flag code and me. I’ll half-staff til noon on Memorial Day and then raise to the top as always.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
My flag is flown 24/7, illuminated by an LED spotlight on a Sunset to Sunrise astronomical timer.
Mine, too, I have 2 lights on it at night, one on a timer and one on a sensor. It flies on a garage pole at 45° to the ground and the tip is about 12 feet high. I have to have my Handyman (and his ladder) do maintenance on it, so I'm not able to attach/detach the mourning black ribbon.

ETA on 25th: I figured out a way to do the ribbon without a ladder and managed to get it attached at 0730 (more or less Sunrise), but I waited until 1500 to remove it because it was raining.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
IL DOUCHE , Emperor Cuomo has had the flags at half mast for a month now.
(flag protocols be damned, I am your ruler!)

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
IL DOUCHE , Emperor Cuomo has had the flags at half mast for a month now.
(flag protocols be damned, I am your ruler!)

He can ask, but US Flag code clearly lists when a governor can order flags flown at half staff...and each instance spells out the length of time.

Wretched Gretchen pulled the same shit in Michigan. My flag display conforms to the Federal code. Tough shit, Gretch.

Posts: 686 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.aflag.com You can sign up to get an email alert whenever The President issues an order for flags to be flown at half staff . It includes a copy of the order so you know the details .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that if you have a bracket, like the one in link, the horizontal is "half-staff", then back to about 45 degrees for normal display. Is this correct?

https://images.app.goo.gl/dj9zHGCaYRN8aRyk7

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post