Notify
Tools

MLB playoffs Login/Join 
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Let's go Astros!
It's time to bear down and bury these damn Yankees!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ha ha ha...

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I love baseball -- the game more so than any team. I spent many years cheering on the Cubs - so I guess that right there confirms I have more love for the game than I have sense!

And then after leaving Chicago, the Cubs actually win the World Series. So maybe I'm not completely bonkers Smile

I have attended quite a few Astros games over the last few years and I love the direction the Team has taken. They are young, fun to watch, and packed with talent. And you can still take the family to a game without dropping a small fortune.

Do they have a history of choking? Absolutely!! Can they overcome it this year? I'm cheering for them. My kids are cheering for them. My little league team (2nd and 3rd graders) gets totally fired up watching Altuve.

GO ASTROS!!!

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:

What's the count now? Big Grin

Yeah baby. Go Yanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
5-0 Yankees, How YOU doin'?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Cubbies are still hanging on by a thread.
With Davis pitched out, they are going to need a miracle to survive tonight.

posted Hide Post
Sorry to have jinxed the Astros and the Cubs. Should've known better and rooted for the Yankmes and the Dodgers.

However, my conspiratorial instincts all suggest that it is due to the MLB-Media industrial complex.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Ha ha ha...

I blame you for all of this Q Razz

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Ha ha ha...

I blame you for all of this Q Razz

I apologize for jinxing Houston, again. Frown

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The Astros can still win this thing.

I spent years cheering on much worse teams at Wrigley. Of course drinking beer in the stands always helps to keep your spirits up :-)

The Astros have the talent. It's time to fire up that offense and score some runs!!

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Dodgers (Formally Brooklyn Dodgers) win in a blow out 11-1.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Astros are on the way!!!
Go Astros!!!

They looked great tonight. I'm so happy they have put it all together. So much fun watching them play.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Hat tip Astros! Hell of a team. Altuve is as pure a hitter as I've ever seen and the rest of the lineup is solid. Shaping up to be a great world series.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Astros... 4 more wins Smile

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Damn! I'm going to have to eat crow. Big Grin

Q

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Cubs are due for another 100 year drought! Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cubs fired Chris Bosio today, the pitching coach. At first, I was surprised, but then upon reflection, not so much. Rizzo and Bryant were weak the last few games, but the pitching has sucked for a while now. Inconsistent starters and ineffective closers, at least compared to last year, and for the most part the same guys.

I'm sorry to see him go, since he was a substantial part of the World Series win last year, and I was hoping the team could do a re-set using the same staff, both on and off the field.

Gonna miss ya, Chris! Frown

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Heading to Academy to see if they have any "locker room AL Champion" shirts left after church.
Go Stros

Beat the Yankees from Boston and New York!
Now let's beat the left coast Dodgers!! Let's win one for flyover country!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post