New
Find
Notify
Tools

MLB playoffs Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Cheering for the Yanks but I think Houston has the momentum.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Go Cubs Smile

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Sros! For years we called them the "half Asstros". With the exception of the Rockets run in the 90s, it seemes like the sports gods didn't smile on Houston teams. Then the Stros went to the Series, but lost. Bud Adam's Always seemed to prefer a football team that had a few stars like an Earl Campbell or a Billy White Shoes to bring in the crowd but did't want to pull the trigger on financing a Superbowl winner. Indeed, many of us were glad when Adams pulled up stakes and left.

The football gods have not been kind to the Texans. The loss of Watt and Mercilous last game was not a good sign. Looked like things were turning around.

The only bright spot has been the Univ of Houston, when their coaches aren't being hired away by former SWC teams with deeper pockets.

Maybe the Astros will break the spell for Houston fans.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
^^^preach it MAXDOG, its hard to be a HOUSTON fan!!!

Posts: 3501 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This never gets too old!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
When i was 15 years old my father, at 6'7, and stricken with brain cancer, started jumping on our sofa when Kirk Gibson hit his legendary home run

When I was younger we watched Fernando Valenzuela throw his first pitches at Chavez ravine

This is the first game 1 of an NLCS the dodgers have won since 1985...in between they lost 5 in a row...the worst streak ever in the majors

This is weird dodgers team

It's the only team in MLB history to win 15 of 16 and lose 15 of 16 in the same season

When Kershaw gave up that homerrun I thought here we go again

But maybe these aren't the same old dodgers....

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll be! I don't follow sports anymore, but can't help noticing that the 'Stros are 2-0 up on the Yankees. Eek
You know, I didn't even know they moved from the NL to the AL.

But, knowing Houston's reputation for being Choke City, except for the '93-'95 Rockets, they will manage to fold again when it counts.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
I liked judges throw into second (-:. Real canon he’s got there

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Well, I'll be! I don't follow sports anymore, but can't help noticing that the 'Stros are 2-0 up on the Yankees. Eek

But, knowing Houston's reputation for being Choke City, except for the '93-'95 Rockets, they will manage to fold again when it counts.

You refer, of course, to the hapless Oilers of old, who blew a ~35 point half time lead against Buffalo in a playoff game, whereupon it was rumored that Bud Adams was moving the team to the Philippines to be known as the Manilla Folders.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:

Zip it you, as a kid I lived through all of that heartbreak and dang it this time is going to be different Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Texans
posted Hide Post
Go Astros!!!!

Posts: 722 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Think positive Q. Big Grin. I was at both games and it was a lot of fun. Getting ready to fly to NY for game 4 Smile. Even if they don't go all the way this year, they've provided a lot of entertainment for the fans. There are a bunch of likable guys on this Astros team...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingfish007:

Think positive Q. Big Grin. I was at both games and it was a lot of fun. Getting ready to fly to NY for game 4 Smile. Even if they don't go all the way this year, they've provide a lot of entertainment for the fans. There are a bunch of likable guys on this Astros team...

That’s good to know. I’ve seen the Astros only when they are playing the Rangers.

I enjoy watching Ranger games because they seem like they have such fun, really enjoy being there and playing, even though they aren’t as successful as they want to be. The cable system here carries those games but not Astros games.

It is quite a change from Padre games we were offered in San Diego, except for Tony Gwynn.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since you don't follow sports let me give you some clues:
Not ALL losses are due to choking ~ some times one team just plays better than the other. Eek
So let's just give them a chance ~ whatta ya say? Smile

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Not ALL losses are due to choking ~ some times one team just plays better than the other. Eek
Unless you're talking about my Indians who reset the bar to a new level of choking this year. The Strows are rolling, and I think the Yankees have run out of rabbits to pull out of their hat.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Unless you're talking about my Indians who reset the bar to a new level of choking this year. The Strows are rolling, and I think the Yankees have run out of rabbits to pull out of their hat.
No kidding. Not trying to take anything away from the Yankees. But you could have subbed in any other team and the Indians would have handed them the series. That was a train wreck and the Yankees were there to watch it and take advantage. After the devastating losses last year and this year, I don't really care about the rest of the playoffs. If I had to pick a team, Go Astros.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
My two favorite teams are the White Sox and whoever's playing the Cubs.

So, I am currently a huge Dodgers fan and last night's 3-run walkoff home run was a beautiful sight to behold. I had to replay it several times in order to properly relish it. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:

Looks Like the Yankees got the Astro's right where they want 'em...lulled into taking a nap.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:

What's the count now? Big Grin

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post