MLB playoffs Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Who’s going to the World Series?

Astros-Dodgers?

Despite growing up a devout Yankee fan, back in the DiMaggio-Mantle-Berra-Ford era, I’m thinking the Astros might have the chops to pull it off. I’m a Houstonian, of course. There was no big league baseball closer than St. Louis then, nor west of there.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Go Stros!

Beat the Yankees

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Who indeed. I have no idea but always like to see upsets of the favorites.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cheering for the Cub's

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Go Cubbies!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I'm a Reds fan so I root for the team that has my favorite ex Red on it. Now that Bruce and Cleveland are out I'm going with Frazier and the Yankees. truly I don't really care. I like the Stros and the Cubs and don't hate the Dodgers.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Think I will pull for Houston this year.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I'd like to see a coast to coast WS between the Yankees and Dodgers just for old times sake. If it went 7 games that would be awesome.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
Let’s go Yankees!

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not a regular sports follower outside of Formula1 or Le Tour de France, but...

Go 'Stros!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I favor the AL but I hate the Yankees, and I still don't consider Houston an AL team.

But I guess if push came to shove I'd have to go with the Astros. At least it's not LA, Chicago, or NY.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
A S T R O S !!!!

Been a long time coming

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Astros all the way!

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Hoping the Cubs do it again. Last night was a great game. Remembering being in Chicago last year for the playoffs and eventual World Series win, the city was electric.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Who’s going to the World Series?

Astros-Dodgers?

Despite growing up a devout Yankee fan, back in the DiMaggio-Mantle-Berra-Ford era, I’m thinking the Astros might have the chops to pull it off. I’m a Houstonian, of course. There was no big league baseball closer than St. Louis then, nor west of there.

Been watching the end of the regular and post season and if I were a betting man I'd agree with you. Dodgers seem to have come out of their late season funk.

The whole thing you note about STL being kind of the edge of the league at one time still shows up today as there are fans in AR,OK,LA etc.. based on the old AM Blowtorch KMOX out of STL. I grew up in the 60's and have fond memories of listening to Harry Cary and Jack Buck on a transitor radio. Ironically Joe Buck annoys the crap out of me. Just an idiot.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd really like to see the Cubs do it again, but they all seem worn out this time around. Of course, being the defending champs, especially the first-in-a-hunnert-n-eight-year champs, everybody's been gunning for them this season. Rizzo, Baez and Bryant all seem close to done-in, but I'm hoping they have the spirit and resourcefulness to pull it off.

That would be so great! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Going into this, I didn't think the Yankees had a chance, and specifically again Cleveland. But we see how that ended up. If they can beat Cleveland, they can beat anyone left.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was great seeing the Nationals choke again. They are the new Braves.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Go Yanks. Life long fan although I gotta admit that Houston is a very likeable team Wink . As far as my expectations for this season I feel like the Yankees are playing with house money. Still think the Yanks win in 6.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep, likely Astros / Yankees for the trophy. And if both teams play up to potential, it show be a terrific series.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post