SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dirty Jobs...Mike Rowe catching water snakes for research...WARNING...this thread contains slithery creatures that bite!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dirty Jobs...Mike Rowe catching water snakes for research...WARNING...this thread contains slithery creatures that bite! Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Not to hijack the thread about Mike Rowe's new endeavor Returning The Favor...I got to thinking about what a great show Dirty Jobs was...

This episode was one of my favorites...the girl biologist never seemed to even come close to being bit...not so for poor 'ol Mike..."I can understand the bitting...but not the chewing" Razz

I've been in his shoes a couple of times, doing my rendition of Ross Allen (non venomous of course)...water snakes are just hateful!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/xu6huF9KE1Q

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Nope. And hell, nope.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
We got a chewer!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I knew the episode from the thread title, only Mike Rowe can make repeatedly getting bit by snakes funny.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post