SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone done business with Metal Supermarket?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone done business with Metal Supermarket? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
There's one not far from me, I was thinking of stopping by for some knife blank material. Seems like they're geared for construction supply on down to the hobbyist level. Anyone ever deal with this business?

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
I have if they're the same I'm thinking of. I've bought material sized to specs that I called in and picked up the next day. I've alos bought from their "scrap" pile. I bought the scrap stuff to use in the hydraulic press.

I will use them again as needed.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Cool! There's one nearby and I didn't know that they even existed. Field trip tomorrow morning...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought metal from them in the past in small quantities / DIY home owner stuff- never on a business level. They always seemed like good people.

Posts: 758 | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just over the internet. There are a few others like them so I shop around when buying something specific. Most of the time I'm buying aluminum, not steel.
Also look on eBay for small quantities.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I found them through a google search, and was wondering if they were legit. Looks like.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Cool! There's one nearby and I didn't know that they even existed. Field trip tomorrow morning...

If you'd be willing to post how it goes, I would sure like to hear about it. I had planned to stop out this weekend, but home improvement was delegated. Hoping to make it out there Friday.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I have a Metal Supermarket locally that I've bought from and I've also bought steel and aluminum from ebay and discount steel. All good.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post