SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey SF plant people, ID, please?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey SF plant people, ID, please? Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
For the life of me I cannot remember what the name of this is.

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is it a shrub< how big , how wide , how big are those flowers, does it grow back every year?

or is it a grassy type?
what county in KS?
http://www.kswildflower.org/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
It is a bush, about two and half feet wide and about waist high, it is not a wildflower, it blooms every year and the photo is pretty much actual size, the blooms are from the size of a dime to a nickel. It's an Ornamental ------, I think.

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Lilac possibly... or not, thats what google said...

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe flowering almond?

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dynorat:
Maybe flowering almond?

THAT'S IT!! THANK YOU!! I just flat could not think of that name. It really opened up a lot overnight, sort of 'BOIT!' It was one of my mom's favorites, she tried more than once to bring some in and put it in a vase, they just fall apart.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I found an iPhone app called "Garden Answers", you take a photo with your phone camera, it tries to match it. So far it's done pretty well. We've got a new back yard with plants strange to us. Identified marsh rosemary (limonium), red aloe, and fire stick which turns out to have a toxic ooze.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
now, how did you know that?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post