SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Clinton Compares Trump to Putin: ‘Hopefully He Hasn’t Ordered the Killing of People and Journalists
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clinton Compares Trump to Putin: ‘Hopefully He Hasn’t Ordered the Killing of People and Journalists Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Hillary Clinton said Monday on Bloomberg News that President Donald Trump has "tendencies toward authoritarianism," adding that she hopes he has not "ordered the killing of people and journalists" as Russian President Vladimir Putin has been accused of doing.

During a conversation with Charlie Rose, she compared Trump to Russian President Vladimir Putin, whose relationship with Trump has particularly drawn scrutiny from Democrats and the media. Clinton discussed her ideas on Trump's view of democracy, saying she "hopes" the president is not exactly like Putin in every way.

"I don’t think he really values democracy, Charlie," Clinton said.

"He doesn’t value democracy? Rose asked. "So he’s not a ‘democrat,’ little ‘d?'"

Clinton replied, "No, he’s not, he’s a top-down guy."

"He’s an authoritarian?" Rose asked.

"He has tendencies toward authoritarianism," Clinton answered.

"So, he’s no different than Putin?" Rose asked.

Clinton did not say Trump was different from the Russian autocrat, instead saying he "hopefully" does not commit the same crimes as Putin.

"Well, hopefully he hasn’t ordered the killing of people and journalists and the like," Clinton replied.

Putin’s government uses strict regulation and state power to restrict press freedom, and reports have shown cases where journalists, who had been critical of the Russian leader, died under suspicious circumstances. Clinton may have been referring to stories published in outlets such as the New Yorker, New York Times, and National Review that assign guilt to Putin in those cases.

During her campaign, Clinton frequently took digs at Trump’s statements about Putin, in which he called for improved relations with Russia. Clinton tried to do the same thing as secretary of state in the Obama administration, but she has since moved from that dovish position.

Since losing the 2016 election, she has said Trump likely colluded with the Russians to win the presidential election.

"There certainly was communication and there certainly was an understanding of some sort," she said in an interview earlier in September.

Clinton’s appearance on "Charlie Rose" coincides with the recent release of her campaign book, What Happened. In the book, she called Trump a "creep" and described Russian involvement as a major reason why she unfairly lost the election.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Who gives a royal flying Fuck what she thinks? Can't she just curl up and die?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
She is with Carlos Casteneda in a seperate reality.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just incredible

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Skank

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
That liberal projection just slipped. If she's wondering out loud if Trump has, she's essentially confessing that she has.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
She just can't understand normal thinking, can she? Roll Eyes As a reminder, only leftist regimes and drug cartels have murdered journalists.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
She just can't understand normal thinking, can she? Roll Eyes As a reminder, only leftist regimes and drug cartels have murdered journalists.

And Clinton fits both.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Trump hasn't ordered the killing of people or journalists?

Professionals would call that "Psychological Projection"

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing ol' Hil didn't become president.
She is batshit crazy.

Imagine her with her finger on the nuclear button.
One tantrum and *poof* there goes the world.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't shed a tear if that digusting commie hag was found hanging by one of her rapist husband's ties in a closet. It'd be a good day as far as I'm concerned.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Now it's clear the old hag has gone off the deep end.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
can't understand normal thinking

I think I see what you did there Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Murderous skank is projecting.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thank God for Donald J. Trump. Keeping the bat shit crazy Hildabeast out of the Whitehouse is his greatest achievement in a life of many achievements.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
She is a bitter, confused, desperate has-been.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Thank God for Donald J. Trump. Keeping the bat shit crazy Hildabeast out of the Whitehouse is his greatest achievement in a life of many achievements.

Jim

Exactly. Para said this right after he took office, to remind of this exact point. And so far he's done great. If he keeps up his no-nonsense practicality about everything and anything, then I'll be happy.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Ex-Cuse ME
Isn't the Clitons the ones connected to about 100 "mysterious " Murders?
Why don't you go back to snack-holing on Huma...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
FUCK HER!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
FUCK HER!

Anthony Weiner will in about 18 months...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post