SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UTV tire recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UTV tire recommendation Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So my newly acquired Ranger xp700 has cracked tires. The tread is like new, but from sitting the tires are cracked. I will probably use for a while. But need to plan for replacements. Size is 26x11x12R and 26x8x12R.

I don't plan to get crazy off road with this machine. Use around the property, some trail riding and even some pavement.

Would like to hear what users have to say and where to find the best deal.

Thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Maxxis Bighorn tires are popular. I put the 2.0 Radials on my wife's atv and they ride pretty smooth.

Check EBay as they have pretty good deals on sets of four there.

Walmart or Discount Tire install off road tires.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Maxxis Bighorn for me when it's time. Probably not good if you need to drive on a nice lawn. Tusk, Rocky Mountain ATV house brand, has a simliar tire. Ive had good luck with the Tusk brand stuff I've used. I buy a lot of items from Rocky Mountain ATV.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
OTR tire and wheel supplies tires for many off road mowers/vehicles. Free shipping and exceptional customer service has been my experience.

http://otrwheel.com/product/otr-wizzard/

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If yours start leaking, put tubes in them. I have been using Swamp Fox tires.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, really helpful. Dblshrp I did not see my size but that tire and price looks good.

Thanks Riley, I like the Sedona tire and that is a great price. plus free shipping.

Very helpful guys. Appreciate it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Carlisle makes a lot of mild tread patterns, like their All Trail. Widely available online, Walmart, Sams, etc. I have not checked for that exact size, but you should have some wiggle room.

https://www.amazon.com/Carlisl...e/dp/B005O5MW6Q?th=1

I guess Interco Black Mamba tires are out Frown They make some crazy tires.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We went out to Utah a few years ago with our Razor.
A guy who ran a huge ATV/UTV sales/rental place told us that Big Horns were THE tires to have.
I do not have them, but.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post