SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Barrett Jackson, anybody else watching?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrett Jackson, anybody else watching? Login/Join 
posted
I try to catch the Scottsdale auction as it is filled with dream cars. Lots of prestine examples and loads of cash being thrown around tonight.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SJS
posted Hide Post
Yes, watch it every year. Love all the cool cars I can’t afford.

SJS

Posts: 682 | Location: NC | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would appear that the Trump economy has spurred some bidders to spend some big bucks this year.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You bet. Really enjoy it.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Ive been to the auction is Scottsdale twice, and watch every year. Some amazingly beautiful cars and trucks, for sure.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I was there last Saturday before the auction started. I really enjoyed seeing all the classics. Wish I had a bigger checkbook.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
That sold sign girl knows how to wear tight black pants. Eek Big Grin

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, cool to see W there while they sold the Carbon 65 Edition Corvette (for 1.4 million)

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
That sold sign girl knows how to wear tight black pants. Eek Big Grin

I noticed that too. Keeps me watching Big Grin

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They are selling vintage items now signs, lunch boxes,....that auctioneer is tongue tied! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Watched for about 3 hours last night. Saw them sell the new Ford GT for a $2.5 million donation to an Autism charity. That is an amazing car.

My son asked if we could go to Scottsdale next year. Anyone know how much it costs to attend?

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see resto mods getting such big dollar vs a few years ago when only premium factory fresh restorations were getting top dollar. But truth be told if I had the money, I’d much rather have a have a mid year corvette or tri-5 Chevy that had a modern 100% reliable 4-500 horse motor, reliable 6 speed trans and totally modern frame and brakes and suspension. Then stick the classic body on it with real chrome etc.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Interesting to see resto mods getting such big dollar vs a few years ago when only premium factory fresh restorations were getting top dollar. But truth be told if I had the money, I’d much rather have a have a mid year corvette or tri-5 Chevy that had a modern 100% reliable 4-500 horse motor, reliable 6 speed trans and totally modern frame and brakes and suspension. Then stick the classic body on it with real chrome etc.

I’m a day or so behind in watching recordings of the show. Last night I watched Friday’s auction. I was blown away by the ‘67 Nova. I’ve always liked Novas and this one was stunning—but $240,000?!?, with auction commission that’s $264,000! Wow, and yes I know Friday is just the beginning of the high-dollar cars.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
Watched for about 3 hours last night. Saw them sell the new Ford GT for a $2.5 million donation to an Autism charity. That is an amazing car.

My son asked if we could go to Scottsdale next year. Anyone know how much it costs to attend?

Well we spent pretty much all day out there Thursday and Friday. Ticket prices have gone up considerably over the last few years. Not an easy question to answer. They have several, "Experience" packages which come with extra perks like access to the sky lounge, staging lanes, etc. Basic admission tickets are progressive, they start cheap in the beginning of the week and get more expensive until Saturday. There is a small discount for purchasing on-line. Child tickets I think are a flat $25 all week. We bought advanced tickets for Thursday at $40 a piece for adults and $60 on Friday.

It's expensive but worth it. First you'll get to see cars that you will see no where else or have only read about. Second, watching on tv gives no idea of the size of the main auction tent. Third watching on tv gives no idea of the pace and the scale of things. It literally is car after car after car rolling across the auction block in rapid succession with no tv commercial breaks. There's also the vendor areas with all kinds of cool stuff.

If you're traveling, make a long weekend out of it. Sunday is less crowded, tickets are only $25 that day, and some of the cars sell for incredibly cheap for what they're worth.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I watch every year!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
My daughter's quote from the weekend. We had seen a Hemi Barracuda earlier and her godfather explained what a Hemi was, how big the motor was with the heads and how it was a challenge to fit a big motor into a smaller car. Then we came across a line of 4 Boss 429 Mustangs. I pointed out the motor and how even the shock towers were noted around the heads and asked her what she thought of shoe horning that motor into a Mustang. Her response,

"HOLY SHIT!"

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch every year. I really started watching more when I found out about the fantasy bid contest. This year I am currently ranked at 907th overall. I have been within $20k on most of the cars sold this year. Of course there are the cars with bidding wars that skew the bids, but I'm getting quite good at guessing what they will sell for.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Watch every year since the early Speedvision days. Been in person three times.

Too late now, but remember next year that Gooding has begun streaming live on YouTube. Watched all 4 hours of that too!

To those considering going, definitely plan on preview days at RM and Gooding sites. Incredible!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12408 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post