SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    tiny town halloweener's , making out like bandits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tiny town halloweener's , making out like bandits Login/Join 
posted
Saw some people from my tiny town at Costco, last week end.
One was spending $90.00 on candy , another was spending $100.00 and the other was spending $80.00 , ON CANDY ! Eek

Cheese and Rice !

I asked the one lady for her address , I'd be over , we giggled

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well in all fairness $100 at costco is a small bag...

Posts: 23239 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Well in all fairness $100 at costco is a small bag...

Spending only $100 at Costco is like getting Lucky.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Bah. All year long save the little packs of ketchup, mustard, mayo, taco bell sauce packs, the Arby's packs, Long John Silvers packs, etc.

Another bowl of condoms for the kids who are too old to trick or treat. You know the "kids", tall, need to shave, deep voice.

(Just kidding, although some of you may try this).

Actually, I do make a judgment call when looking at the parents or grandparents taking the kids around, if they look a little harried and worn out, I discretely palm over to them one of those little airline sized bottles of liquor. That's usually well received. Sometimes some come back back later and I let them pick and choose from my "liquor basket". NO, I'm not joking on this one. My house is quite popular with the adults at Halloween. And, NO, I don't palm out liquor to the kiddos, just the frazzled adults.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buying candy in the beginning of October. Haha. Guarantee they will be buying more candy before Halloween. No way those bags are not going to be checked for quality control.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
...I discretely palm over to them one of those little airline sized bottles of liquor. That's usually well received. Sometimes some come back back later and I let them pick and choose from my "liquor basket". NO, I'm not joking on this one. My house is quite popular with the adults at Halloween. And, NO, I don't palm out liquor to the kiddos, just the frazzled adults.

Sir, I like the cut of your Jib.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The beauty of living rural...We have had exactly TWO trick or treaters in 30+ years.

I recall as a kid in NJ it was a huge deal. My parents buying BAGS of candy and still running out.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
these are what they are buying, they are on sale this month

https://www.costco.com/Hershey's-Variety-Pack%2c-30-count.product.100381538.html

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
can't recall the last kids in my semirural neighborhood.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My house is quite popular with the adults at Halloween.

Yes Sir, it's nice when you make friends with people.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post