SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arby's guy or the Sonic duo, who is worse?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arby's guy or the Sonic duo, who is worse? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:...

No, sir.
The Arby's / Bob's Burgers / Archer voice guy is H. Jon Benjamin .

Uh-oh.
Now you done it...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
??
Not sure I understand, sigmonkey. Have I messed up? Posted bad information? Simply dense tonight? Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't stand the whiner from the sonic ads, followed closely by the Sprint guy.

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
??
Not sure I understand, sigmonkey. Have I messed up? Posted bad information? Simply dense tonight? Confused

As discussed, Ving Rhames was the "original" Arby's voice. Ving played Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction, and there's a scene where Ol' Jules is asking a guy what Marcellus Wallace looks like. He says he's "black" and he's "bald" and Jules snaps back "DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?"

It was just a play on the dispute over who the Arby's guy is.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Arby's Head Sandwich Guy

VS

Sonic Drive in guys

I believe they are both equally as bad.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Sonic guys suck. I instantly grab the remote. Same with Flo. Arby's dude is starting to wear on me.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
A runaway 18 wheeler loaded with jet fuel crashing into those two betas at Sonic would be hilarious!!!

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Ving played Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction,

Aha! Thank you. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Ving played Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction,

Aha! Thank you. Cool

If you haven't seen it, you probably need to. It will probably make some random references in other shows, memes, forums, etc. suddenly make sense.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“ WE HAVE THE MEATS!” Ad doesn’t bug me.
The Sonic Duo get the heave-ho!
Honorable mention:
The DR.Pepper, “It’s the sweet one” absolutely horrible ad.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
You guys are easily upset. Too much sugar in your diets? Razz

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You know there are more than one channel on TV's you can change to when a commercial comes on. Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Liberty Mutual's "LiMu Emu (and Doug)." So bad that they are good in a way. As for H. Jon Benjamin for Arby's, I like putting a face to the voices of cartoon characters.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I actually like the Arby's guy. Probably the only commercial on air that I care for.

The Sonic guys can take a long walk off of a short pier.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
The Arby's guy now says "For Sandwiches" at the end of the commercial. I don't remember that at the start of this campaign. Did someone get offended and they had to make it clear the meat was for actual sandwiches?? Maybe he always said that, I don't know. Their food is terrible.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Arby's Head Sandwich Guy

VS

Oh...wow...I had't actually seen one of these commercials (only remember hearing the "we have the meats", that complicates my choice now. Still Sonic but only by a hair now instead of a blowout.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guy is a stupid wuss.
Wife is smart.
Kids are brilliant.

These are the commercials that are annoying.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I don't like any of those guys but I can watch Jennifer Gardner commercials all day long.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you haven't seen it, you probably need to. It will probably make some random references in other shows, memes, forums, etc. suddenly make sense.

Indeed. I'm certainly behind in my movie-watching.

quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
I can watch Jennifer Gardner commercials all day long.

That's Garner, and I'll agree wholeheartedly. Wink

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
The one I hate is the effeminate construction worker on the Wayfair commercials, who sails thru the air saying "Game-Changer!"

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post