SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Galveston officers on horseback seen leading handcuffed man with rope
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galveston officers on horseback seen leading handcuffed man with rope Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
That chief will likely get a no confidence vote from his officers as a result of this

but how does that matter? Is such a vote backed by anything actionable?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see what the problem is. If it is (was) an approved method that the officers were trained to do... they weren't dragging him.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
I don't see what the problem is. If it is (was) an approved method that the officers were trained to do... they weren't dragging him.

We all have to go to special lengths not to offend Black criminals, don't you know?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The chief had no reason to criticize the officers if they acted within department guidelines. If he wanted to say that guidelines were being changed to require transport by vehicle while at the same time expressing support for the officers, making it clear that they acted within the guidelines, then I would say OK.

Posts: 1050 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reverse the scenario, but I’m white. Is the black chief gonna apologize to me?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Without even commenting on the actions of the officers, that police Chief is a grade A shitbird. Throwing your employees under the bus for following a policy that you are ultimately in charge of writing and enforcing is about as low as it gets for a supervisor in any profession. They are literally getting hammered for following direct written orders.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Rope, throw, and brand 'em.
I say we stomp him. Then we tattoo him. Then we hang him. And then we kill him.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:

We all have to go to special lengths not to offend Black criminals, don't you know?
I suspect that had the perp been White there would have been no public outcry at all. It's all about Black people always looking to be offended, even when no offense is intended.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
why did they rope him if he was handcuffed?

Because handcuffs don't prevent someone from running with their feet. Big Grin

(Although being cuffed behind your back does make it more difficult to maintain your balance while running. Reason #478 to always cuff them behind the back...)

How about cuffing one wrist to the opposite ankle? Hard to imagine anyone running set up like that. Smile

RE: the optics. This was, at minimum, his 6th time just this year for the same thing? The excerpted text in the OP missed the last line of the linked article....
quote:
Neely has been charged with criminal trespassing at least six times since January 2019, including an arrest on July 12 in Galveston.

What are the optics for that?

Don't give a San Francisco Homeless Street-sausage for the optics of hauling the guy away after his sixth offense in less than 9 months.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Rope around ankles, dragging at a high rate of speed? Probably not cool, though I am sure there a few perps (and probably a lot of politicians) that deserve this treatment.

Rope attached to handcuffs, slack, while the perp walks next to the horse? Really don’t see the issue.

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Hmmm. Rope around ankles, dragging at a high rate of speed? Probably not cool, though I am sure there a few perps (and probably a lot of politicians) that deserve this treatment.

Rope attached to handcuffs, slack, while the perp walks next to the horse? Really don’t see the issue.

And, they didn't run the perp thru Cactus patch. (Apache method of treating unfortunates)

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

And, they didn't run the perp thru Cactus patch. (Apache method of treating unfortunates)

Smile. Never had any experience with any Apaches, but from the westerns I read as kid, it really sounded like pissing them off was a really bad idea.

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post