SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What gun company are you most disappointed in?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What gun company are you most disappointed in? Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Politics aside I look at certain companies that seem to just stagnated and are not doing anything new. For me the company that I felt was truly innovative and then just fell flat was Kahr arms. I'm the last few years their yearly innovations have been cheaper versions of their already proven designs and craptastic finishes like snake skin pattern. I just got an email from them with their new hot products which include an FDE CW9, a snake skin CW pistol, and a gold tiger stripe Tommy gun. Roll Eyes

What about you guys?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remington.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Remington.

This...especially what the takeover of Marlin resulted in Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Remington.

This...especially what the takeover of Marlin resulted in Frown

I'm pissed that Marlin sold out to Remington in the first place.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I'm pissed that Marlin sold out to Remington in the first place.

These two players.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Remington.

After the "Five Suits" refused to honor a warranty on a 700V .308 I swore off them. The rifle had lousy accuracy and after the good folks at HS Precision cast the chamber showing that it was way out of SAMMI specs Remington still told me to screw off.

These same jackwads are the ones who killed the XP100 as a niche product not worthy of their support.

Haven't touched anything Remington since early 1995 as a result. Screw 'em!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Legacy Sports. I've been wanting a 26" threaded heavy barrel 6.5 CM for months and they've been vaporware.

I have to agree on Kahr. I like my MK9, but nothing on their line-up makes me want to buy another Kahr. Even my MK9 has been relegated to the safe at Dad's house so I don't have to put up with TSA non-sense when I fly to my hometown.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Walther. I really thought I was buying a Walther. Instead it turned out I was buying something branded "Walther" from an air gun company Frown

Remington & Marlin? My Remington 700P in .308 Win., purchased in about 1994 or 1995 I'm thinking?, seems to be quite a nice rifle. I get half-MOA groups with FGGM if I do my part. Just bought a Marlin 1894CB in .45 Colt. Seems very-well built. Every review I could find spoke very highly of them.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Walther. I really thought I was buying a Walther. Instead it turned out I was buying something branded "Walther" from an air gun company Frown

Remington & Marlin? My Remington 700P in .308 Win., purchased in about 1994 or 1995 I'm thinking?, seems to be quite a nice rifle. I get half-MOA groups with FGGM if I do my part. Just bought a Marlin 1894CB in .45 Colt. Seems very-well built. Every review I could find spoke very highly of them.

Now you have a Turkish company making better Walthers than Walther. I shot thr Q5 match the other day and my TP9SFX blew it away in almost every regard...better sights. Better trigger. More accurate. Cheaper. Etc...

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
SIG
J/K
I was disappointed in LAR Manufacturing when they agreed to stop making the Grizzly Pistol.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
None. I dont keep expectations. Smile

I am surprised at those companies that offer expensive guns but make YOU pay for shipping if something is wrong vs sending you a label.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Colt has disappointed me over the years.

Financial problems, labor problems, quality control problems.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remington in general but the most disappointing firearm I've ever purchased was my Sig 556, that thing was junk

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Kahr. Too long to get into here. An out of warranty issue with a Tommy Gun. Extractor groove on bolt fracture. Known problem. In so many words I was told to pound sand. I had hoped that they would at least meet me half way. No way.

Browning on the other hand was great. I bought a rifle two weeks before the rebate was announced. A friend said to contact customer service. I did, not expecting anything. Very nice lady said to send in the rebate form with proof of purchase and she would process it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed in Smith and Wesson probably the most because they never got rid of those stupid locks.

Remington/Marlin is another good answer.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
S&W with their cheesy 2 piece revolver barrels and crappy internal locks.

Remington's constant search for the bottom with new designs that replace older products that were far superior.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Robinson Arms.
They have a really good rifle but a pathetic company with no regard for customer service.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Based on my whining in other threads, D) All the above.

Really though, Remington is at the top for some real stinkers. R51, an also-ran 1911, completely missing out on the chassis rifle revolution, etc. It's pretty bad.

But the companies we don't hear from are just as bad. When is the last time Kahr even tried to innovate? Kel-tec seems to have dropped off the radar after their crazy shotgun. I'm not sure how to think of Browning/FN/Miroku. Browning and FN handguns are a dud but their shotguns are getting incredibly good and constantly evolving. Benelli has been pushing the same products for a decade. I'm sure I'm missing a few because I just don't think about them anymore.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Colt. They seem to be light years behind the rest of the industry.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remington/Marlin to me.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post