SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA convention Atlanta 2017, who is going?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NRA convention Atlanta 2017, who is going? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
The show is neat from the aspect that you can buy things from the vendors at the show, as to where SHOT is strictly prohibited

I feel like such a rebel!!!! Many folks are willing to part ways with smaller accessories at the end of the show for cash so they don't have as much stuff to pack up and take back.

I may see if I can convince my wife that we need to go. Though pretty sure it will be because of a long weekend staying at the Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation and not the NRA convention.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I just booked my hotel. They are going quick I suggest you book soon.

Did you book through the NRA site?

No orbitz. It was actually harder to find a nice hotel for blade show which is also in Atlanta but in June. I booked both

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Booth numbers haven't been assigned yet, but GGI will have two booths. The website shows booth numbers to be assigned "mid-January".

Grayguns will be in booth numbers 428 and 418.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Booth numbers haven't been assigned yet, but GGI will have two booths. The website shows booth numbers to be assigned "mid-January".

Grayguns will be in booth numbers 428 and 418.

According to the map - on the far lower corner. There is an aisle between the booths, so you'll have additional space to display.

A question - what are the rules of the road for carrying both at the event and if you're using public transport? If I go, I might just use that instead of renting a car.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as you have a permit, carry is allowed on MARTA.

ETA: http://www.itsmarta.com/police-FAQs.aspx

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
As long as you have a permit, carry is allowed on MARTA.

ETA: http://www.itsmarta.com/police-FAQs.aspx

Good to know. My hotel is in Buckhead so I was planning on using MARTA (red line...I think) to get to and from the show.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'd love to go, but I still have firm commitments for my time during that period that prevent it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Wife and I went to Louisville last year. Had a blast. Preregistered so we were able to walk right in. Atlanta is a bit far but we will likely go again when it's closer.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I went to the Charlotte show a few years back. It was a lot of fun, saw a lot of new guns and other items, but I probably won't go this year. If it's in Charlotte again, sure, but Atlanta is a little far for a day trip and I'm already going there for the Blade show in June.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I went to the Charlotte show a few years back. It was a lot of fun, saw a lot of new guns and other items, but I probably won't go this year. If it's in Charlotte again, sure, but Atlanta is a little far for a day trip and I'm already going there for the Blade show in June.

I'll be there too

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:

I'll be there too

I talked the wife into going to the NRA show and we found a Hampton Inn not too far. Driving down on Thursday and coming back Saturday. It looks like CCW is OK in the main hall but not in the food court? Anyone local know what that means?

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I'm local and I'll be there.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Will the Gray Guns booth be selling stuff? I might want to pick up a trigger or two.

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will the Gray Guns booth be selling stuff? I might want to pick up a trigger or two.

Yes they will Wink

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I'll be there. The GWCC is walking distance from my office so I'll probably go the last hour or two of the day Friday. Our 2nd baby is due that weekend, though...

Anybody with lodging, food, other questions about the area, let me know.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Report This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm going down on Friday.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
You know, Orlando doesn't suck as a convention city. When is it coming here?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
The Mrs and I will be there Friday. Got tix to the Leadership Forum and Hank Williams concert too.

jljones, we'll make a point of finding your booth and meeting some of our cyber buddies. Looking forward to it and meeting y'all; especially, Pale Horse!

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Report This Post