SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE PAGE 3 --- Urgent: Help from Sigforum Lawyers/LE-Custody and parental "abduction" possibilities - SPECIAL REQUEST TO FT WORTH TX members
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
UPDATE PAGE 3 --- Urgent: Help from Sigforum Lawyers/LE-Custody and parental "abduction" possibilities - SPECIAL REQUEST TO FT WORTH TX members Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

I just posted all that to highlight that the situation, in it's entirety, can't be understood without other context.

I'm not excusing my behavior (if some people believe I stepped too far), but I'm NOT going to accept anyone's criticism if they don't know the whole situation (which it impossible to convey over an internet forum).

The dad certainly can't be excused from his behavior regardless of if it's from a "personality disorder" or just because he's an all-round "not-a-nice-guy".

Just setting context for those who are getting aggressive with criticism.

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If that's directed at me, I'm sorry if you feel that way.

There is NOTHING to justify stalking someone for 2 entire days. Not to mention being dumb enough to get caught by them following them twice.
There is NOTHING to justify going to the fathers girlfriends place of business and speaking with her manager.

Do I think the father is a stand up guy, HELL NO. But, you're even arguing with the lawyers advice that you paid him a handsome price to give you after I'm sure he versed himself on the entire situation.

Take a step back, see how the situation plays out and go from there, LEGALLY. When is the daughters next visitation anyways? Next weekend? The following weekend?

That's all I have to say. Good luck with however your situation turns out.

Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Thank you for bowing out Jimmy.

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
No lawyer here, just a cop with 21 years of dealing with stuff like this. If you were in Kentucky, it would be short order before you were in custody. And you would get convicted, or MAYBE have a chance to plead to a misdemeanor if you were lucky.
And guess what? Everything you have posted in this thread, would be used against you by the prosecution. Everything in this thread would hang you. I've played this game many times before, and those screaming "the law is on my side" rarely turn out as well as what they think. As JHE has said, no one wins at these things anyways.

My advice is that you have this thread deleted, quick, fast and in a hurry.

James, reading through all of the posts, you seem obsessed, stalkerish, and a tad bit of flaunting how smart you are. Jimmy was actually pretty dead on in what he was telling you, it just didn't seem to be what you were wanting to hear. It is usually people like that who step on landmines that they don't see coming. Just because the father has issues, doesn't mean the he or his family can't hire an attorney, and their own private investigators to go through your stuff, and YOUR online activity.

I don't mean that in a bad way, but at the same time, you're heading down a road that isn't going to end well for you if you don't pump the brakes. You're not the child's parent.

You are heading for trouble. I would plan accordingly.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"dressed the part"...

It's the interwebs, so I'll chime in too. You make this sound as if you're living out some personal fantasy. You recount your 'adventure' with precise facts. I can only imagine the number of photos, videos and notebooks you've accumulated while working this case. Take a step back and try to view this from another's perspective. You're well beyond a point of no return if this blows up in your face.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
"dressed the part"...

It's the interwebs, so I'll chime in too. You make this sound as if you're living out some personal fantasy. You recount your 'adventure' with precise facts. I can only imagine the number of photos, videos and notebooks you've accumulated while working this case. Take a step back and try to view this from another's perspective. You're well beyond a point of no return if this blows up in your face.

IOW, we've crossed over into "Live By The Gun" territory.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No updates and I didn't see any recent activity by the OP. Did this not turn out well?

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
You came here for urgent legal advice. You got very good advice. Take it.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
You came here for urgent legal advice. You got very good advice. Take it.

DING DING DING

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
No lawyer here, just a cop with 21 years of dealing with stuff like this. If you were in Kentucky, it would be short order before you were in custody. And you would get convicted, or MAYBE have a chance to plead to a misdemeanor if you were lucky.
And guess what? Everything you have posted in this thread, would be used against you by the prosecution. Everything in this thread would hang you. I've played this game many times before, and those screaming "the law is on my side" rarely turn out as well as what they think. As JHE has said, no one wins at these things anyways.

My advice is that you have this thread deleted, quick, fast and in a hurry.

James, reading through all of the posts, you seem obsessed, stalkerish, and a tad bit of flaunting how smart you are. Jimmy was actually pretty dead on in what he was telling you, it just didn't seem to be what you were wanting to hear. It is usually people like that who step on landmines that they don't see coming. Just because the father has issues, doesn't mean the he or his family can't hire an attorney, and their own private investigators to go through your stuff, and YOUR online activity.

I don't mean that in a bad way, but at the same time, you're heading down a road that isn't going to end well for you if you don't pump the brakes. You're not the child's parent.

You are heading for trouble. I would plan accordingly.

Basically what jljones said...you have provided the father the ammunition he needs if he turns the tables on you via a lawyer who does his job.

If you need video of him leaving the state, hire a PI (then you don't look like a stalker)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
So much good advice from multiple members, most of which is being ignored - at least in part. It's extraordinary and sad at the same time. At least the kid is safe, but the rest...

Damn.

The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:
From the PRE report, page 9:
During "DAD"'s early counseling at the age 13, he was diagnosed with tourette's syndrome, motor ticks and ADHD.
-----------------
"DAD" takes Wellbutrin and Effexor for depression or anxiety. He is not currently in counseling.
-----------------
From the PRE report, page 42:
"DAD"'s MCMI possible diagnosis were avoidant personality type, unspecified personality disorder melancholic, unspecified personality disorder masochistic and schizoid personality style.
-----------------
"Mom" had no indication of any major depression on Beck Depression inventory. On her MCMI, possible diagnosis were avoidant personality type and compulsive personality type.

James

We have no idea as to the father's mental state except based on the medications he is taking. And even there we don't know the dosage or the level of symptomatology.

It is also worth noting that the MCMI was developed exclusively on a clinical population. It is a very good test but it is designed to assign a person to a diagnostic category once it has been determined that they have a clinical mental health problem.

If it you give it to a person who is does not have a clinical health problem it will still try to assign them to a diagnostic category. So the MCMI doesn't return "normal": vs diagnosis. It returns the best diagnosis based on the pattern of responses. So it can be misused in the wrong hands.

Not saying that is the case here.

Like the MMPI it has developed some level of interpretability when used with the general population but it should be used with caution.

As a general rule, I would say that posting someone's psych testing results without their permission is a violation of their privacy.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:
During "DAD"'s early counseling at the age 13, he was diagnosed with tourette's syndrome, motor ticks and ADHD.
-----------------
"DAD" takes Wellbutrin and Effexor for depression or anxiety. He is not currently in counseling.
-----------------
"DAD"'s MCMI possible diagnosis were avoidant personality type, unspecified personality disorder melancholic, unspecified personality disorder masochistic and schizoid personality style.
-----------------
"Mom" had no indication of any major depression on Beck Depression inventory. On her MCMI, possible diagnosis were avoidant personality type and compulsive personality type.

James

Wow dude, how would you score?

This looks like a good subset of the normal population.

Also, I'm pretty certain HIPPA doesn't allow you to publish this kind of information.

You need some SSRIs too it seems. Roll Eyes

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This whole thread seems in very bad taste.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
"dressed the part"...

IOW, we've crossed over into "Live By The Gun" territory.
My thoughts exactly.

"There I was, in my bounty hunter best, 2 way radios, binos, and cheap camera..."

I was following his concerns initially, and still believe some of it is valid. But the best way to have kept it impartial is have the PIs do the PI'ing.

Oh, and then there is these last, detailed updates, complete with Dog the Bounty Hunter theme music. I know we are all 'friends' in here, but you posted way too much with way too much detail. If you thought that was pared down very well from what you 'couldn't tell us', then you failed miserablely at opsec.

Jones has given you some pretty honest advice - if it were me and I fouled up this badly, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Good luck, be careful dancing with the devil.

posted Hide Post
quote:
No updates and I didn't see any recent activity by the OP. Did this not turn out well?

The OP has been very busy shopping the mall for some tacticool gear, getting ready for his secret ops this weekend, you know. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
First, you say:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
...and then you come back into the thread to chide the guy.

Tell me- what should we think, the next time you're being sincere?

Glass houses

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
First, you say:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
...and then you come back into the thread to chide the guy.

Tell me- what should we think, the next time you're being sincere?

Glass houses

It seems as if the OP has abandoned the thread and hasn't posted in nearly a week, since several people told him what he didn't want to hear. I just threw the last posting in there for humor or as a joke, hence the 3 smiley faces.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, you don't see how this might be viewed?

You say you're withdrawing from the thread, you wish the man luck and seem sincere. You then come back when it looks like he won't be back to it, and take a shot at him.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, you don't see how this might be viewed?

You say you're withdrawing from the thread, you wish the man luck and seem sincere. You then come back when it looks like he won't be back to it, and take a shot at him.

Yes, I now see how it could be viewed in a different aspect when you put it that way. At the time I was simply joking in regards to or adding to Mattw's post and it seemed like a funny thing to do. I didn't realize at the time how the OP (or others) might percieve it. Please delete the tacticool post that we are talking about.

posted Hide Post
I just got caught up on this...

There's a no contact order? Does it include contact through a third party? Most here do. Tailing the guy is probably a prima facie violation of the order, but consider that the violation would be by your significant other, so it's her that would ultimately suffer.

Knock it off. Seriously.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post