SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for henry or others with macs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for henry or others with macs Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
My super drive will not accept a CD. It will only go about half way in and then there seems to be something blocking it. I have been to Apple communities and it seems this is a pretty wide spread problem. I have tried both fixes they suggest to no avail. Just wondering if you might have any other ideas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
When the drive on my old iMac screwed up I ended up with a Mercury Pro Optical external disc drive.

Posts: 273 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I got an external superdrive when I got my Mac Air...it lasted all of six months. Chucked it and have been using the blurray drive I had for my PC.

"Superdrives" seem to suck. Not so super.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The only thing I can think that might help is to reset the SMC (system management controller). Shut down the computer and unplug it from the wall for about a minute. Then plug back in and restart.

If that doesn't help, just get an external drive. Any brand (except the Apple one) will work, plugged into one of your USB 2.0 ports. The Apple one won't work because it has firmware limiting it to Macs that came without an internal superdrive. Besides that, it is way overpriced.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post