SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Giving the LE thing a last try
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Giving the LE thing a last try Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
and if it doesn't work this time, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

KevinCW knows my struggles as do a few of the other members.

Applied here at a couple of local agencies. Hopefully it works out this time.

Edit to add:

On paper I'm qualified:

-BA degrees
-8 years active duty military as a commissioned officer
-SECRET clearance
-native Cantonese speaker
-excellent physical condition

Wish me luck, fellas! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Edmond,

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you!

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Good luck!!

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Thanks for what you do.
Best of luck.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you sir. I know you've been attempting this for some time. Most of the public has no idea the of the effort required and the gauntlet to be run just to be initially accepted.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Best wishes.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
Best of luck.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
This may be out of line, but have you looked at border patrol? They are even advertising on TV.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Good luck and stay safe

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
CMPD or SO?...Good luck amigo. Not financially rewarding but some rewards do not translate past money...

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes!

Jim

Posts: 1348 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
It's not as easy as many think to get into the field. Sometimes timing is everything. It took me up to a year to get not my first agency. Nowadays agencies are looking for Bachelor degrees even though they don't really pay for it. There was s a lot of competition as well. I always wanted US Marshals but they weren't hiring when I was looking. Got a letter of hire fro the Border Patrol and decided it wasn't what I wanted and I didn't want to settle. Since they are hiring it's worth a try. Feds pay much better. Best of luck.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I wish I would've pursued that path when I was much younger. Thanks for putting yourself forward on this endeavor.

Posts: 14 | Registered: December 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Hope you get hired.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Border Patrol is hiring 5,000, with the possibility of 5,000 more. a Friend has been taken off the border and assigned full time to recruiting.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you have better luck this time around.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Good luck. If I may, on paper you appear to be over qualified for an entry level position. I think you should be prepared to address that issue head-on in the interview process. An agency might be concerned that you are using them to get the proverbial foot in the door, train at their expense and then bail to a better/higher paying position. Give them legitimate reasons why you would be with them long-term.

Posts: 12458 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Best of luck

With your experience, you might look for a LE position at the Federal level

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14179 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I may, on paper you appear to be over qualified for an entry level position

Not really Most of our new hires had four year degrees. All had to have at least two years of college or active duty military time. Many came to use after four or five years of active duty military service and some stayed as a reserve even during their time with us.

As far as getting trained and leaving, many states, mine included have language that makes the employee responsible for the costs if they leave within a certain time period.

The media will paint the profession as one that has no one attempting to get in to but they are clueless as usual. We still have large numbers signing up for our testing process when available.

It took me almost three years to get hired full time. Don't give up.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post