SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man wearing ‘MAGA’ hat says woman berated him at California Starbucks for supporting Trump
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man wearing ‘MAGA’ hat says woman berated him at California Starbucks for supporting Trump Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
Drag a MAGA hat through a Starbucks and there's no telling what you'll find. In this case it was an imbecile with Trump Derangement Syndrome. I'm glad the 74 year old berated gentleman got his comeuppance.

Favorite line from the article - "Victor, who is Jewish, also told other news outlets that the woman called him a Nazi." Big Grin

A 74-year-old man said a woman berated and called him a racist at a California Starbucks on Monday after she spotted him wearing a “Make American Great Again” hat in support of President Trump.

The man, who was identified as Victor, told KTVU he was wearing the iconic red hat when the woman began yelling at him outside the coffee shop in Palo Alto.

“This woman came over and not only started screaming at me, she turned to the Starbucks audience and said, ‘Hey, everybody come here! This guy's a racist! This guy hates brown people!’” Victor told the news station.

Victor, who is Jewish, also told other news outlets that the woman called him a Nazi.

The woman, who later identified herself as Rebecca Mankey, admitted in a lengthy Facebook post that she yelled at Victor and called for anyone who spotted the 74-year-old wearing the “MAGA” hat to “please confront him.”

“I yelled at him. Called the entire Starbucks to order and yelled at him more about how it’s not okay to hate brown people…I called him more names and told him to call the police…He wouldn’t call the police so I called him a wimp, He got his stuff together to leave. I followed him to the register while he complained about me,” read the post on Mankey’s page, which has since been deactivated. “Then chased him out of Starbucks yelling at him to get the f--- out of my town.”

She later wrote in a comment that she was “going to publicly shame him in town and try to get him fired and kicked out of every club he is in.”

Palo Alto police said both parties did not file a report on the incident. Mankey, however, was fired from her job at Gryphon Strings, a guitar sales and repair shop, after the store owner was made aware of the altercation.

“Gryphon does not believe anyone should be harassed or subject to hate speech no matter their beliefs. Music has historically been something that has brought people of diverse socio-political backgrounds together,” the store said in a statement earlier this week. “We would like to make it clear that the opinions expressed and actions taken by the employee are not indicative of how we conduct ourselves at the shop and we hope we can continue to serve our customers across the country respectfully and universally as we have done for nearly 50 years.”

The store’s owner, Richard Johnston, told KTVU that Mankey has worked at the store as an office manager for four years. He said Mankey was fired because of her actions, not due to public backlash.

“We’ve always felt that Gryphon was the equivalent of kind of a musical town square for the community. And we welcome people of all views,” Johnston said.

Victor said those berating people for wearing the red hat have “Trump derangement syndrome.”

“It’s called Trump derangement syndrome: people acting crazy. If you can’t tell the difference between a hat that says ‘Make America Great Again’ and a Nazi helmet or a Ku Klux Klan hat, I’d say you’re deranged,” Victor said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man...for-supporting-trump

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmanic,

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Every single person who still loves America and stuck living in, or visiting Palo Alto, should wear a MAGA hat in the particular SB's

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
someone needs to have the shit beat out of them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
She also posted this online before she removed it-

quote:
I went back in and yelled that I had changed my mind and wanted him to call the police because I wanted to know his name, where he lived, his wife’s name, and where his kids went to school.

Just like a commie; she wanted to dox, threaten and harass this elderly jewish guy, and she ends up getting it in spades Big Grin .

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
These people are amazing. They should be caught and studied.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm eagerly awaiting Starbuck's response to this incident in their store. I won't be holding my breath, though.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
While I don't advocate striking women I wouldn't have minded reading that the 74 yo gentleman knocked her teeth down her throat

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
While I don't advocate striking women I wouldn't have minded reading that the 74 yo gentleman knocked her teeth down her throat

I would have been tempted to finish her hair cut.
http://www.gopusa.com/raving-l...-it-on-social-media/

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

A knuckle sandwich is exactly what this stupid bitch was hoping for to prove that Trump supporters are the deranged ones. Glad to see this blew up in her face like a home made pipe bomb.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you can’t tell the difference between a hat that says ‘Make America Great Again’ and a Nazi helmet or a Ku Klux Klan hat, I’d say you’re deranged,” Victor said.

It's really this simple...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I'm eagerly awaiting Starbuck's response to this incident in their store. I won't be holding my breath, though.

Not much for them to say anything, really, since she doesn't work for them. The hateful intolerant maggot has been fired from her job, and deservedly so. Next!

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see her in a beheading video.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Drag a MAGA through a Starbucks and there's no telling what you'll find

Perhaps my resolution to not set foot in a Starbuck's was a bit hasty. Smile

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Here she is, folks:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Leave her alone.. it is the chemical imbalance from munching all that carpet....

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Here she is, folks:

What would give any sane person an idea that SHE is crazy?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mankey, however, was fired from her job at Gryphon Strings, a guitar sales and repair shop, after the store owner was made aware of the altercation.

Nothing like yelling "Hey Karma over here".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A Chik-Fil-A tee shirt and a MAGA hat. Instant apoplexy among the shrill hand-wringing leftist crowd?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There it is...a walking self-esteem problem, attention hound.
She belongs in Oakland or, Santa Cruz. Odd this was in Palo Alto which is as unstylish and very button-down kind of town, she would very, very easily stand-out like a turd in a punch bowl.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post