SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Police: Alabama man tries to sell someone else’s house
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police: Alabama man tries to sell someone else’s house Login/Join 
posted
Hoping for more details later. Guess he did not have a realtor's license.

An Enterprise man has been arrested and charged with first-degree attempted theft after he listed for sale a house that belonged to someone else, police said.

Tony Glen Grimes, 56, of Enterprise was served with an arrest warrant on Friday, court records show, and police said he was transported to the Coffee County Jail.

According to the complaint, Grimes put the house on the market in late February with an asking price of $168,000. The house Grimes marketed was also in Enterprise.

Grimes is being held on a $150,000 bond.

The case remains under investigation, police said.

LINK: https://www.al.com/news/2019/0...one-elses-house.html

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Don't tell me-he put up his house as bond collateral.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well in his defense a lot of mobile homes look alike...bazinga!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
For 168 grand must be a TRIPLE WIDE model with livestock included.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many people did he sell it to?

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago a couple of us put our boss's house on the market while he was on vacation. Came home to an open house in progress.

Fortunately for me the statute of limitations has long expired. We all got a good laugh out of it at the time.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
that's the secret to a successful business... low overhead.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
He'll raise that bond in no time if he just drops the price a little. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Enterprise Grimes heads for Coffee

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post