SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGForum's Laser Engraver: Anybody remember?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGForum's Laser Engraver: Anybody remember? Login/Join 
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted
Years ago, at least five and probably more, there was a member here with a laser engraving business. He posted pictures of a few things and I commented how cool they were. He ended up sending me a coffee mug:

If he's still here I just wanted him to know it's a bit faded but still going strong. Thanks again, I used it almost every day.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
That is Spectre of Photon Engraving's work.

I have the same mug with my screen name on it.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I talked to him recently, he's was not doing it as of a few months ago, but said he may resume in the future.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of SBR lowers that I'm going to need engrave soon (hopefully). Is Spectre out of the engraving business entirely or just stuff like mugs above?

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This is what he said when I asked him about it in January. I was asking about having a pistol engraved that was made from 80%. It's spring, I'd shoot him an email.

quote:
I shut down my engraving business about 15 months ago because of my health. I still have all my equipment and hope to get it up and running in the garage by spring (possibly sooner).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
SigForum is the largest small town I know of. Cool

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
I have a couple of SBR lowers that I'm going to need engrave soon (hopefully).
Just make sure whomever you use has a valid FFL. I know from experience there are many people out there illegally engraving firearms without an FFL.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post