SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gunbroker issue: Account Flagged
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunbroker issue: Account Flagged Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
I haven't logged into my GB acccount in quite some time and saw a message pop up that says account flagged/under reviewand and to contact them. Nothing else was displayed. No error codes or anything. Has this happened to anyone? I will call them Monday. I was trying t see what completed auction prices for nickel 226 W.German Sigs are going for out of curiosity.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Maybe the ATF has noticed the number guns you have been selling lately. Frown

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Well if the ATF is running Gunbroker than we are all screwed

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I haven't logged into my GB acccount in quite some time and saw a message pop up that says account flagged/under reviewand and to contact them. Nothing else was displayed. No error codes or anything. Has this happened to anyone? I will call them Monday.

Why not call them tomorrow (it's Friday)?
quote:
I was trying t see what completed auction prices for nickel 226 W.German Sigs are going for out of curiosity.

There are 3 nickel P226s active right now. Two have been listed and relisted forever (the stainless slide, nickel plated one, and the 2-tone nickel folded slide one). The 3rd one is the real thing, complete with everything, and no doubt will sell.

Complete auctions (one that actually sold and not yet pruned from GB) show only 4, and none are complete packages. That means they're all suspect nickel to me.
Prices range from $704 to $1300.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
Perhaps if an account has been inactive for a long time, they deactivate it. Might be a way to do a little house keeping to clean up the membership. Just a guess.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 578 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
They charge you 1 dollar to keep your email on their system. That's been my experience.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I haven't logged into my GB acccount in quite some time and saw a message pop up that says account flagged/under reviewand and to contact them. Nothing else was displayed. No error codes or anything. Has this happened to anyone? I will call them Monday.

Why not call them tomorrow (it's Friday)?
quote:
I was trying t see what completed auction prices for nickel 226 W.German Sigs are going for out of curiosity.

There are 3 nickel P226s active right now. Two have been listed and relisted forever (the stainless slide, nickel plated one, and the 2-tone nickel folded slide one). The 3rd one is the real thing, complete with everything, and no doubt will sell.

Complete auctions (one that actually sold and not yet pruned from GB) show only 4, and none are complete packages. That means they're all suspect nickel to me.
Prices range from $704 to $1300.

Thanks for the info. I will try to call today but I'm traveling. I did send them an email. My concern is that my account was somehow hacked. I don't have any credit cards or bank accounts linked to it as I have only used it to buy and not sell which is a relief.

posted Hide Post
This could be a "phishing" e-mail. Was there a "click here" link asking you to reply?

I've gotten several of these claiming to be from PayPal, my bank, banks I never deal with, credit card companies, etc. They are all frauds and if you click the link and give them the info they request, you have just given them a guided tour through your bank accounts or credit card info.

Call the company directly using the phone number on their web site, not any phone number in the e-mail.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post