SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If I'm paying my landlord for the use of his utilities, is it okay for him to mark up the price he pays?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I'm paying my landlord for the use of his utilities, is it okay for him to mark up the price he pays? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
He's charging me $.30/kwh even though PG&E charges him $.21/kwh. Is that kosher?

With PG&E's tiered rates, you may see average kwh rates closer to $0.30/kwh when you add it taxes, fee, and other charges.

PG&E has some of the highest rates in the nation. Take a look a the bill and ask how he came up with that rate. He may be spot on.......or trying to rip you off . With the cottage's separate meter, why wouldn't he just charge you the entire bill associated with the cottage? Is the cottage's metered usage included in the main house meter's usage? (Is the cottage kwh usage added on top of the house's usage basically?)? Or is the cottage entirely billed separately?

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just wait to see how high the bill will be when you get that room AC unit installed!

BTW Costco has an 11,000 unit on sale $100 off through this wednesday, just ordered one...

Online only..

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post