SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida isn't the Virgin Islands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida isn't the Virgin Islands Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Nor is it the commie-controlled NOLA of Katrina days.

http://concealednation.org/201...ergency-evacuations/

SB 290 — Carrying a Concealed Weapon or a Concealed Firearm – This bill allows a concealed weapon or firearm to be carried for 48 hours during a mandatory evacuation order declared during a state of emergency.

The bill (SB 290), which the Florida House approved by a 86-26 vote back in April of 2015, was drafted as a response to Hurricane Katrina when many gun owners faced charges after they took their firearms with them when fleeing their homes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Good for FL.

Heard from a friend down in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area that people have been stealing hurricane shutters off homes and gas from the cars where the people have already evacuated.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
During the aftermath of hurricane Charlie, I open carried my G17 in our neighborhood even when the local cops were there and only had one officer 'suggest' I not, which was immediately opposed by several of my neighbors. Yes, I am very fond of my neighbors. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
During the aftermath of hurricane Charlie, I open carried my G17 in our neighborhood even when the local cops were there and only had one officer 'suggest' I not, which was immediately opposed by several of my neighbors. Yes, I am very fond of my neighbors. Smile

Next time carry a tiny fishing pole in your left hand, and tell officer snuffy that you are going fishing. Open carry is legal in Florida if you are fishing and to/from.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post