SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone from the forum work for Chipotle? (update page 4 and 5) to add....GOT IT!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone from the forum work for Chipotle? (update page 4 and 5) to add....GOT IT! Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. May you achieve all your dreams and have it work out very well for you.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Fire up a special cigar!

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Awesome! Fire up a special cigar!

I did, and it was from you!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Woo!! ^^^^

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It's great to see someone who's had a tough go, come out better than before. I'm happy for you and your family!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Congrats and good luck to you!!

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Could be the position/profession but ive had mixed results in regards to cover letters and plenty of people not even submitting coverletters anymore and getting interviews.

It's definitely industry specific. I never see them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Cover letters make the difference in my small business environment.
It shows that you paid attention to the criteria and aren't mass sending resumes (even if you are, you at least paid attention to the requirements of the application process and personalized yours).

I would love to know the company so I could frequent it (I believe I live within a few hours of you and travel frequently to that neck of the woods) but understand that it is probably not appropriate to ask... perhaps an email?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the position. I hope you find it to be everything you anticipated...and even more profitable!

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Option B it is -

After a summer of being unemployed, today I formally accepted the role of Director of Operations for my "dream job" within the foods industry.

I had another opportunity that would have potentially paid a higher base, but the long term opportunities made this a no-brainer. Thanks to all for the support, emails, and notes. Not everyone gets a chance to work at their "dream job", much less be told by the owner, "here are the keys, go forth and prosper".

To add -

My learning throughout this process?

The cover letter is significantly more important than the resume itself. The cover letter is what gets you through the gate keep and in front of a live decision maker.

I want to make a special point of thanking Dusty78, what you did for me was above and beyond. The assistance you provided on the Chipotle interview was the template I put together that really wow'd the ownership group for this new gig. I am in your debt.

Ronin1069

Awesome news! I'm just glad that I could help.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
AWESOME! I too chose the more risk, less money, more rewarding option and it has been awesome. I have more time for the family as the primary economic benefit and could not be happier with that part.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Good to see a MN boy kickin butt!

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
Congratulations! Good to see a MN boy kickin butt!

I am right in your back hard....I'll send you a note!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats Man!!

Best of luck-

=======================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Sweet, congrats.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! Wishing you the best!

Posts: 715 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post