SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It's not the cost of fly-overs that torqued me.
It is the transfer of money to the NFL for half time shows.

"But instead of purely heartfelt salutes to soldiers from hometown football teams, the halftime segments were reportedly part of paid promotions under federal advertising contracts for the military."

I support the fly overs and other recruiting efforts at sporting events.
What I don't support is any form of payment to the NFL for the privilege.

There are better articles which cover this issue, I just posted one article which mentioned it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The National Football League has agreed to give its commissioner, Roger Goodell, a contract extension.

The NFL's Compensation Committee informed all owners of the move in a memo obtained by CNBC Wednesday.

A "binding contract extension has been signed by the Commissioner and by Arthur Blank, on behalf of the League entities," the memo said. The memo also cites "a nearly unanimous consensus among the ownership in favor of signing the contract extension now."

The Compensation Committee received unanimous authorization from the owners in May 2017 to execute the contract. Since then, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has reportedly been working to derail the process.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24054 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
The leftist strategy of divide and destroy is working well.

Yep. Frown

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Hey, NFL! This is how you do the National Anthem at a football game: LINK

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Not long ago, yet long ago.

Super Bowl 39

Even players singing along.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Typical classy behavior from a typical NFL thug:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...-nightclub/663567502

I don't give a shit how much money you have, trash. You can have every cent in the world. You'd still be trash.

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The National Football League has agreed to give its commissioner, Roger Goodell, a contract extension.

The NFL's Compensation Committee informed all owners of the move in a memo obtained by CNBC Wednesday.

A "binding contract extension has been signed by the Commissioner and by Arthur Blank, on behalf of the League entities," the memo said. The memo also cites "a nearly unanimous consensus among the ownership in favor of signing the contract extension now."

The Compensation Committee received unanimous authorization from the owners in May 2017 to execute the contract. Since then, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has reportedly been working to derail the process.

They have to be sabotaging the NFL on purpose, can't be this many coincidences. It's just hilarious to watch LOL

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

Yep. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
They have to be sabotaging the NFL on purpose, can't be this many coincidences. It's just hilarious to watch LOL

Some of y'all need to loosen that tinfoil just a little bit.

Just because a bunch of overpaid athletes with delusions of grandeur don't know any better than to diss the very country and system that awarded them with fame, glory and a crapload of cash, and a number of Americans stood up and said "That's bullpucky and I won't stand for it," now it's a leftist conspiracy?

Well, if it is, it ain't workin' all that well, because a good number of people don't give a flying fart about the NHL and never did. If the NHL disappeared off the face of the planet tomorrow it wouldn't affect me and many others one whit. Oh, other than TV programming we actually like wouldn't get preempted or delayed all fall and half the winter long. Net plus, I'd say.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Typical classy behavior from a typical NFL thug:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...-nightclub/663567502

I don't give a shit how much money you have, trash. You can have every cent in the world. You'd still be trash.

“She’s an officer. I pay my f**** taxes. I paid a million in taxes this f**** year. If I want to call that b**** a b****, I can. Yes, I can,” McDowell said.

Sure you can. But not without consequences. This is what you get when you raise one immoral generation after another and teach them they are entitled. It doesn't matter if they reach the highest levels of success, they'll still be worthless thugs destructive to the core.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's interested in attaching labels to people? Can I play? It would be game over in two syllables.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Nin ja. lol We all know there is a toxic racial double standard...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:

Yep. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:

Some of y'all need to loosen that tinfoil just a little bit.

Just because a bunch of overpaid athletes with delusions of grandeur don't know any better than to diss the very country and system that awarded them with fame, glory and a crapload of cash, and a number of Americans stood up and said "That's bullpucky and I won't stand for it," now it's a leftist conspiracy?

Step back a few paces, you're only seeing the trees.

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, so this is a hypercomplex conspiracy, huh? Is that what you're saying? All calculated down to the smallest move?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good grief.

The population of the US is approximately 327 million. In the period of 2008 to 2017 the number of people who watched an NFL game on TV within the last twelve months was about 135 million.

So, popular: Yes. The loss of which would seriously impact the nation: Hardly.

Those sneaky leftists better come up with a better plan than that.

Tell me: What do people lose by not watching a bunch of overpaid prima donnas throw an oddly-shaped ball around? Entertainment? An escape from reality? Hell, if that's what you want, just watch the evening "news"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Loving it Big Grin

The NFL ratings for “Thursday Night Football” dropped by 27 percent from last week to fall to the lowest numbers all season

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12...-drop-to-season-low/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Loving it Big Grin

The NFL ratings for “Thursday Night Football” dropped by 27 percent from last week to fall to the lowest numbers all season

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12...-drop-to-season-low/

posted Hide Post
Someone needs to start the sexual harassment wave in the NFL...

ESPN already started taking hits and you know its rampant in the NFL locker rooms, etc.

ESPN’s Den Of Sexual Harassment

Burn it down.

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Someone needs to start the sexual harassment wave in the NFL...

ESPN already started taking hits and you know its rampant in the NFL locker rooms, etc.

ESPN’s Den Of Sexual Harassment

Burn it down.

Where would it end? Let's see, how many player per team and how many teams? I think that's the number. And, double down with the DV charges.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Newsweek has already started the fire.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

THE END OF THE NFL? LATEST SEXUAL HARASSMENT SCANDAL IS ONE THE LEAGUE CANNOT IGNORE

So much WINNING!!!!!

posted Hide Post
I can forecast a good "happy hour" this evening after all of this awesome NFL news!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post