SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
OMG, Rishard! Please reconsider and don't do this!

Sounds like he's holding himself hostage! Eek

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hope you are sitting down for this, and I am sure it will happen...

http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...ational-anthem-rule/

If you make me stand for the anthem I will take my toys and go home.

He won't be missed at all. no one will be missed. everything goes on.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

This coward is bluffing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
NFL's anthem protests may be starting to hit Fox's bottom line

Credit Suisse lowers its price target and earnings per share forecasts for Twenty-First Century Fox, citing Fox's poor Sunday NFL ratings.

"NFL ratings [are] weak so far. ... This was negatively impacted during the first 2 weeks by hurricane disruption, but is disappointing given the soft comps – if ratings do not improve materially, we see a potential headwind to domestic advertising revenues in Q2/Q3 '18," the firm's analyst writes.

Declining football game television ratings will cut into Twenty-First Century Fox's earnings, according to one Wall Street firm.

Credit Suisse lowered its price target and earnings per share forecasts for the media company, citing Fox's poor Sunday NFL ratings.

"We trim our 2018/19 EPS forecasts … ahead of Q1 earnings," analyst Omar Sheikh wrote in a note to clients Thursday. "The key near term headwinds are soft NFL ratings and the risk that the Sky transaction is blocked by UK regulators."

Fox is seeking to acquire the 61 percent of European pay-TV company Sky it does not already own.

Sheikh maintained his outperform rating on Twenty-First Century Fox shares, but reduced his price target to $35 from $37. The new forecast represents 34 percent upside to Wednesday's close.

The analyst said Fox's Sunday NFL game TV ratings declined 7 percent year over year during the first five weeks of the season.

"NFL ratings [are] weak so far," he wrote. "This was negatively impacted during the first 2 weeks by hurricane disruption, but is disappointing given the soft comps – if ratings do not improve materially, we see a potential headwind to domestic advertising revenues in Q2/Q3 '18."

As a result, Sheikh reduced his first-quarter earnings per share estimate for the company to 46 cents from 48 cents. He also lowered his forecasts for fiscal 2018 and 2019 earnings per share by 1 percent.

President Donald Trump has claimed on social media that NFL television ratings are declining due to the controversy over players kneeling in protest during the national anthem.

Twenty-First Century Fox is slated to report fiscal first-quarter earnings on Nov. 8.

The company's stock has underperformed the market this year with its shares down 7 percent in 2017 through Wednesday, compared with the S&P 500's 14 percent return.

Shares of Twenty-First Century Fox are up 0.3 percent midday Thursday.

CNBC

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ill bet cnbc is loving that they have british football on tv.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Rishard"?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Rishard"?

You see if you can't spell correctly then you give it a "cool" sound and then you have a quality hood name... Cool

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

He is just like all of the Hollyweirds that were going to leave the USA if Trump got elected.......did you see any leave????

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:

Credit Suisse lowers its price target and earnings per share forecasts for Twenty-First Century Fox, citing Fox's poor Sunday NFL ratings.

"NFL ratings [are] weak so far. ... This was negatively impacted during the first 2 weeks by hurricane disruption, but is disappointing given the soft comps – if ratings do not improve materially, we see a potential headwind to domestic advertising revenues in Q2/Q3 '18," the firm's analyst writes.

Interesting. There was a blurb in today's news to the effect that FOX paid millions in order to beat out ESPN for the rights to televise the US Men's soccer team's run for the World Cup in 2018. (For those who didn't see PR64's thread, the US got knocked out of contention to be in contention for the Cup on Tuesday.) Looks like it might be a dry spell for FOX when it comes to profits from televising sports.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of cwelch
posted Hide Post
There is only one time it is appropriate for kneeling and the American Flag.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSSMl8uJ11Q

I had a random play list playing in the background on youtube and this found me. If you have allergies or lots of dust around don't play it.

I am a proud veteran who lost many high school friends to Vietnam, spent a few years in law enforcement and lost one good friend there. My son is a Lt. in a local law enforcement agency and I have been to the funerals of two of his friends.

Those highly overpaid people playing a kids game for enormous money sure can talk the talk but I know of only two who also walked the walk. Pat Tillman and Andre Villanueva.

Why don't the rest of them go walk/ride the streets of LA, Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, New Orleans, or any other metro area with a local cop for a couple of months. They would probably come back with a major attitude adjustment.

Posts: 268 | Location: Conyers, Ga. | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

Sounds like he's holding himself hostage! Eek

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This coward is bluffing.
Nah, this guy will just become a hedge fund manager or NASA scientist. Wink I'm sure his options are endless.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:

Interesting. There was a blurb in today's news to the effect that FOX paid millions in order to beat out ESPN for the rights to televise the US Men's soccer team's run for the World Cup in 2018. (For those who didn't see PR64's thread, the US got knocked out of contention to be in contention for the Cup on Tuesday.) Looks like it might be a dry spell for FOX when it comes to profits from televising sports.

Doubtful on the world cup. Its a world wide event and they will get plenty of viewers. Plenty of soccer fans out there outisde the US fanbase as long as certain teams make the tourney like mexico and other south american countries.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of allergies and dust after watching that....thanx.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Heard an interesting argument for these kneeling football players on Sean Hanity while driving home from work.

His guest said that they were kneeling in prayer. Roll Eyes

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This coward is bluffing.
Nah, this guy will just become a hedge fund manager or NASA scientist. Wink I'm sure his options are endless.

Yes, I'm sure he'll fall back on his Master's degree in mechanical engineering.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Grin

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's just schadenfreud, I know, but still, this makes me giggle like a little girl.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Louisiana sheriff says his force will boycott Ford as long as Ford supports NFL players kneeling for the anthem: LINK

quote:
Bossier sheriff to boycott NFL sponsor Ford due to anthem protests
Sarah Crawford, sarah.crawford@shreveporttimes.com Published 10:42 a.m. CT Oct. 12, 2017 | Updated 3:41 p.m. CT Oct. 12, 2017

Bossier Parish Sheriff Julian Whittington said his office will no longer purchase Ford products after the automaker expressed support for National Football League players' right to kneel in protest during the national anthem.

In a letter to Hixson Ford of Alexandria on Wednesday, Whittington said “recent events surrounding the NFL, its players and their audacity to thumb their collective noses at the American flag, the American military, as well as their obvious disdain for the profession of law enforcement in general, forces me to take a stand.”

Some NFL players began kneeling or sitting during the national anthem during the 2016 season, following the lead of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said when asked to explain his protest, according to NFL.com.

The protests have continued through the start of the 2017 season.

In late September, Ford Motor Company, a sponsor of the NFL, released a statement in response to controversy over numerous NFL players kneeling in protest during the national anthem prior to games.

“We respect individuals’ rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share. That’s part of what makes America great,” read Ford’s statement, according to CNN.

Whittington said in his letter to Hixson Ford the sheriff's office has had a "pleasurable business relationship with your company," and that he hopes the dealership will encourage Ford Motor Company to cease advertising with the NFL until NFL leaders demand that its players "show proper respect for our nation's colors."

“Yes, the NFL players have a right to protest as they deem necessary, but we, the Bossier Sheriff’s Office and taxpayers of Bossier Parish, have a right to spend our money elsewhere,” he said in the letter. “I realize that Ford Motor Co. has made this decision and may not necessarily be supported by your company, but you are our dealer.”

According to information provided by BPSO, in 2016 and 2017 the sheriff's office purchased 29 vehicles from Hixson Autoplex, spending $747,132.

Those vehicles included 21 Ford Police Interceptors, four Ford Tauruses, a Ford F-150, two Ford F-250s and a Ford Explorer.

Whittington also told Hixson Ford that he would send copies of his letter to Louisiana's 63 other sheriffs.

The Times has reached out to Hixson Ford for comment and is seeking comment from Ford's corporate office.

Whittington also recently expressed support for Superintendent Scott Smith and the Bossier Parish School System after Smith made a statement noting that Bossier student athletes were expected to stand for the national anthem during sporting events.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm truly enjoying what these spoiled morons have exposed. They are going to keep digging, making more & more average working stiffs that love this country despise the NFL. Not gonna hurt us, we don't have the privileged, big money life style.

I'd love to watch the opening tonight but I don't want the cable company adding me to the % watching. I'll just get my info here & enjoy the hate they are showing. F' 'em!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post