SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
So my Jaguars sent a letter to the local military apologizing for kneeling in London.
Linky

Of course the apology is for not understanding how upset the fan base would get, not for actuality disrespecting the flag/country while in a foreign country.

One of the news stations had a poll going about if the apology changed your opinion. I can't find the poll now but it was running around 92% no.

The game this last Sunday had the lowest attendance since Khan bought the team.
They just don't get it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course the apology is for not understanding how upset the fan base would get, not for actuality disrespecting the flag/country while in a foreign country.

So they are apologizing for their fans behavior not for their own. Classic deflection.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Breaking news:

The NFL announced today that because of lost revenue due to kneeling, an NFL Team had to be cut. Tampa Bay and the Green Bay Packers will be combining forming the Tampacks. They will be good for only one period and will have no second string...

Damn, now you owe me a keyboard! Big Grin Big Grin

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The Jaguars demonstrated in unity as a team during the National Anthem and then stood for "God Save The Queen."

"This was an oversight and certainly not intended to send a message that would disparage you, our flag or our nation,"

"remiss in not fully comprehending the effect of the national anthem demonstration on foreign soil has had on the men and women who have or continue to serve our country."

"The notion never entered the minds of our players or anyone affiliated with the Jacksonville Jaguars, but today we can understand how the events in London on September 24 could have been viewed or misinterpreted," Lamping wrote. "We owe you an apology and hope you will accept it."

Wow! I was going to say, that's not an apology. But then I looked up the definition.

Websters definition: Apology

"something that is said or written to defend something that other people criticize"

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna say "we the people" viewed and interpreted the Jaguars' actions just fine and have acted accordingly. SUCK IT, nfl...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So I go to SI today to inquire on the latest knee down farce. See a photo with something that looks human carrying a sign 'Colin Kapernick for President'.

Further proof of Einstein's theorem: "The vastness of the Universe is only exceeded by the vastness of Human stupidity."

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

So they are apologizing for their fans behavior not for their own. Classic deflection.

You know what, Jaguars and NFL are loooosers! They are welcome to leave the country and stay in the UK.

Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
The Jacksonville team knew exactly what they were doing. They intended to show disrespect to their country, and that's just what they did. There's no way they can take that back.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Still not watching.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't watch that shit if they were all Audie Murphys.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
In breaking news the Chicago PD will be removing all sirens from patrol cars and replacing them with loudspeakers playing the national anthem. Fleeing suspects are anticipated to be taking a knee.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know how many of the players who kneel during the anthem were also sperm-donors for children they are not raising. My point being, if they really wanted to solve the number one problem impacting "the community," they'd start by changing their own behavior and attitudes.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There have been over 850 NFL players charged with a crime since 2000.

Minnesota leads the league, Houston is last.

All the specs here.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...9001/?#sp=show-clips

Small business owner flies protest banner over NFL game Big Grin

Oct. 17, 2017 - 3:03 - Small business owner and Jacksonville Jaguars fan Terry Smiley is encouraging football fans to boycott the NFL over the national anthem protest.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nice going Roger.

Thank you for helping me make up my mind regarding the rest of the season.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Wall Street is befuddled over plunging NFL ratings

JPMorgan shares with its clients the latest poor NFL ratings data for the football season.
"Ratings for the NFL decreased 6% y/y in aggregate for Week 6," the firm's analyst writes.
The bank cites how football ratings have declined in five out the six weeks so far this season. Ratings are down 6 percent season to date this year after a 12 percent drop last year through NFL's week six, according to the analyst.

Analysts are wondering why football game television ratings are tanking this year.

JPMorgan shared with its clients the latest poor NFL ratings data for the football season.

"Ratings for the NFL decreased 6% y/y in aggregate for Week 6, with the decline driven by lower viewership for Sunday daytime windows. The late afternoon national game on CBS featuring the Steelers and Chiefs saw a -26% lower audience relative to the same window on FOX the prior year," media analyst Alexia Quadrani wrote Wednesday.

Quadrani cited how football ratings have declined in five out of the six weeks so far this season. Ratings are down 6 percent season to date after a 12 percent drop last year through the NFL's Week 6, according to the analyst.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/1...circ=taboolainternal

"Analysts are wondering why football game television ratings are tanking this year."

Really?

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
could have been viewed or misinterpreted

I think we are interpreting this just fine - so FOAD NFL.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Analysts are wondering why football game television ratings are tanking this year.

Analysts who shouldn't be analysts if they are wondering.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
This will fix all of the kneeling, and this is why they were kneeling all along... Big Grin

http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...aepernick-on-a-team/

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Report This Post