SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dang! My allergies acted up a little when I played that...

So what happened??? What changed?? I believe I'm not too far from the truth when I say "Hussein Obama" happened. It was he who created the initial rift in racial relations with his infamous "beer summit" which, over time, created an unrecoverable, unfathomable chasm of spewed hate, mostly from the black population toward the "great white oppressors". THAT...was the beginning of the end of black/white relations as we knew then. Everyone got along great and we worked together as a society (for the most part) regardless of color, race, creed, or religion. All that asshole did for 8 years was embolden a population into believing they were being discriminated against as if it were 1958. I never wish ill on anyone, but I LOATHE that sunuvabitch enemy of this country along with his hermaphroditic wife. I hope they suffer a long, painful, bacterial flesh-eating death. They did NOTHING but destroy this great country for 8 years and they're being PRAISED for it (reference "most admired..."). Which totally astounds me...

p.s. Given the time in our country's history, I have always regarded the Whitney Houston anthem the best. I remember standing at attention in my living room with tears trickling down my face at the pride I felt being an American that day. I think the above is a VERY close second...

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z1QmeEdFOSc" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

One day all will see dementors like Stampy Feet and the rest of the corrosive Left for what they are. Some of us will be embarrassed and ashamed they let them steal the inspiration out of the principles and power of this nation with the poison of distortion, half truths, omissions and out right bold faced lies. Those fools will sear with the regret of missed opportunity and unfulfilled potential in exchange for bitterness and baseless resentment of the innocent. Shame heaped on the kneelers, antifa and BLM fascists.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

Following a regular season where most NFL fans decided they had better things to do on Sunday afternoons than watch football; it appears those same fans still have better things to do on Saturdays and Sundays in the postseason.

The first round of playoffs suffered double-digit ratings drops, as the NFL begins the most important part of its calendar year, Awful Announcing reported.

Saturday’s Tennessee Titans-Kansas City Chiefs game didn’t deliver for ESPN or ABC, losing two full ratings points over last year’s game. The game drew a 14.7 overnight rating compared to last years 16.6 for the Houston Texans-L.A. Raiders game. It was the worst rating since 2012, Awful Announcing said.

Later that evening, the Atlanta Falcons-Los Angeles Rams game did only a little better, seeing a similar if not quite as bad ratings loss.

According to SportsTVRatings, the Falcons-Rams game lost 10 percent over last year’s game.

Sunday’s Jacksonville Jaguars-Buffalo Bills matchup earned better ratings than the Saturday games, but it was still a 21 percent loss over the 2016 season’s game, Josh Carpenter noted.

“Fox drew a 20.4 rating yesterday for Saints-Panthers, down 21% from a 25.9 last year in same window (Giants-Packers). CBS drew a 17.2 for Jags-Bills, down 10% from last year (Steelers-Dolphins),” Carpenter wrote.

These Wild Card game ratings come after a season of some of the worst ratings in NFL history. By some estimates, the 2017 regular NFL season is down nearly 10 points from 2016.

It should be noted that the 2016 season itself saw an 8 percent tumble over the numbers from 2015; with the sports media claiming it was all due to a raucous 2016 presidential election season.

But with the 2016 election long ago decided, one wonders what their excuse is for this year.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...ast-watched-5-years/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
When I logged onto the Internet today, I saw on my home page an article about NFL ratings being down. Now, that headline really had my head spinning because my homepage is run by Libtards, so I wondered WTF did they have to say about NFL ratings being down?

You probably guessed it. They say it's because people who sympathize with Kraponastick were now boycotting the NFL.

They'll accept anything but the truth.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
This past weekend the NFL had three very competitive games among its four divisional round playoff contests.

Unfortunately for the league, ratings continued to plummet.

In fact, ratings are plummeting so much that virtually no major media outlets are even talking about ratings at all. It’s almost like the league and its television partners have put out the code red not to acknowledge the collapse in viewership so far in 2018.

Here are the ugly details head to head in the same timeslots as last year:

Saints-Vikings 35.6 million viewers

Packers-Cowboys 48.5 million viewers

Jags-Steelers 31.4 million viewers

Steelers-Chiefs 37.1 million viewers

Titans-Patriots 26.7 million viewers

Texans-Patriots 29.8 million viewers

Falcons-Eagles 27.1 million viewers

Seahawks-Falcons 28.7 million viewers

Yep, every single game was down, no matter how good the games were. And, remember, three of these games were highly competitive in the divisional round this year. Whereas last year only two of the games were competitive. Hell, three of the four windows even feature one of the same teams from last year. And yes, I know, the Cowboys and the Packers played last year and those are the two biggest fan base draws in the NFL, but even if you pull that game out the numbers for the other three games also declined double digits. (The three other games were down 15.3%, 10.4% and 5.6%)

Adding all these numbers up 120.8 million viewers watched the NFL divisional round playoffs in 2018 vs. 144.1 million who watched in 2017, a decline of 23.3 million total viewers.

That’s an overall viewership decline of over 16%, even steeper than last week’s 13% playoff decline. (Even if you leave out the Packers-Cowboys numbers completely the NFL playoff ratings would have still been down 10.3%).

These playoff numbers weren’t just bad compared to last year either, they hit a ten year low.

Will that change this coming weekend with the AFC and NFC title games? We’ll see. But no matter how you slice it, the NFL ratings, both playoff and regular season, are collapsing in 2018.

In fact, playoff rating declines have been even worse than regular season rating declines.

It’s almost like fans are fed up with the politicization of football.

Nah, that couldn’t be it.

Probably just another reason.

Let’s talk more about Colin Kaepernick and players kneeling!

https://www.outkickthecoverage...divisional-playoffs/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I've only got three more games to sit out and I can say I've gone the whole season without watching one. I can also say, I haven't missed it one damn bit Cool

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
I've only got three more games to sit out and I can say I've gone the whole season without watching one. I can also say, I haven't missed it one damn bit Cool
+1000

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've got you beat - I stopped watching TWO seasons ago.

I just couldn't bring myself to support the NFL once I learned that a majority of the players were anti-American.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Zero games watched for me this season too. I didn't even know who was in the playoffs.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz: Ha Ha!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Closing in on two years without watching football. I can see no reason to return.

We've had a football pool where I work for about the past 14 years; this year? Nope.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:

I've got you beat - I stopped watching TWO seasons ago.

I just couldn't bring myself to support the NFL once I learned that a majority of the players were anti-American.

I think I watched 2 or 3 games last year after Klapperdick did his thing but stopped when it became apparent that the NFL wasn't going to do anything about it.

posted Hide Post
Only the play off games spark interest for me. Eagles and Steelers. Well, we can now discount Pittsburgh. And maybe the Eagles this weekend.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Y’all may have noticed that I’m a college football nut, but I used to watch a couple NFL games per weekend too. I watched one game last year and zero games this year.

Fuck Kaeperdick and his band of useful idiots

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ordered a few things from LAPolicegear.com last night and added one of these to the order. Sure hope it doesn't offend anyone.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Seems the NFL accountants have been adding up the lost revenue and projecting future losses. Big Grin

Dolphins owner reverses his stance on standing for National Anthem.

Houston Texans not interested in players who protest the National Anthem.

Hmmm....
Sorry way way too late.
I and many others have discovered better useage for our time then watching spoiled brat thugs play kids games well into their adult life.

You turned NFL entertainment into politics, the bell cannot be unrung.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: In a statement to the Sun-Sentinel, Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross has sought to clarify his remarks to the Daily News.

Ross said, “I have no intention of forcing our players to stand during the anthem.”

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The NFL Players Association filed a grievance with the league on Tuesday challenging its national anthem policy aimed at preventing players from protesting inequality and police brutality against minorities by refusing to stand during The Star-Spangled Banner.

The union says that the new policy, which the league imposed without consultation with the NFLPA, is inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement and infringes on players' rights. The filing met a statute of limitations deadline and will be heard by an independent arbitrator, an NFLPA spokesman said…”

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...e-anthem-policy.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Stand, dont’ stand, I don’t give a fuck anymore.

They are getting $0.00 from me for the rest of my life.

We all have right and they all have consequences.

I’m looking forward to fun Saturdays watching college football and productive Sundays around the house or at the rifle range with my kids.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Stand, dont’ stand, I don’t give a fuck anymore.

They are getting $0.00 from me for the rest of my life.

This. I really don't give a good goddamn what they do at this point, I've been over it for a while now. I am never again, in any way, contributing a cent to anything to do with the NFL. Not happenin'.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
How about this?

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPNnsi2dJIQ

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post