SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Actually, no, he cannot:
quote:
But despite Diddy’s desires, he might come into problems buying the team. According to The New York Daily News, the Panthers team is worth $120 million more than the mogul’s total net value. NFL teams also normally sell for more than their reported value
He's not buying jack shit. All this is, is racist grandstanding from someone who feels left out. That's why I call this pathetic. The guy knows that he's not buying a damn thing, can't even afford it, and if he could manage it, he'd be leveraged beyond recovery.

Just more grandsatnding from yet another racist who thinks he's some kind of progressive savior.

Maybe not alone but there are plenty in the "industry" that could come together.
He states majority owner in the article not sole owner.

And he is already setting up the race card when the others vote no by pointing out there are no majority African American owners in the NFL.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too bad for Kapperwhatever. It's the only way he's gonna get signed, and it just ain't gonna happen.

On the bright side, Kapperbitch has all the time in the world to work on his giant hair.

Maybe put in some supports and make his 'fro even bigger. Now that's something to aspire to. If Soul Train is still on the air, he has a second career coming up...

He may also qualify for the Kazon-Nistrim crew..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That ditty boy has to work on his delivery, sell himself. He lacks the wherewithal, mentally & financially.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too bad for Kapperwhatever. It's the only way he's gonna get signed, and it just ain't gonna happen....

Sidenote on Kapper. I think the 49'ers are 3-0 after they changed the starting QB (I could be a bit off, I don't really follow them). But that would seem to give creedance to the argument that Kap is unemployed, not because of racism, but because he can't put points on the scoreboard.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

As part of its commitment to its protesting players, the NFL has announced funding social justice training for college football players and other students, reports say.
This month, the historically black Morehouse College, announced that the NFL is set to co-host a three-day workshop to teach student-athletes how to be “influencers and community leaders with the mechanics to develop their advocacy platform.”

The new “Advocacy in Sport” workshop is scheduled to be held in February, according to Campus Reform, and is part of the league’s $90 million commitment to a group of protesting pro football players promising to fund so-called “social justice” causes.

“This historic workshop is aimed at training the next generation of athletes who wish to use sport as a powerful platform for advocacy,” the NFL’s Executive Vice President of Football Operations, Troy Vincent, said in an NFL press release.

“Our partnership is designed to equip athletes as influencers and community leaders with the mechanics to develop their advocacy platform,” the NFL added.

Morehouse psychology professor David Wall Rice reportedly developed the program by collaborating with the NFL and its protesting players, as well as others in the social justice field.

“Linking with the NFL and their players in pushing forward social justice agendas that mirror present and past activist foundations of Morehouse College is important work,” Morehouse College President Harold Martin Jr. said. “We take our relationship here and the trust that many of the players have already communicated to Dr. Rice seriously, and we know that the work we do in February and beyond has the capacity to impact lives.”

The National Football League announced its $90 million in funding for social justice causes after two seasons of players protesting against the United States during the playing of the national anthem. The program at Moorehouse is one of the first social justice efforts formally funded by the NFL after a group of players urged the league to divert money from other programs such as breast cancer awareness and aide to military families and to redirect the cash to social justice causes.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...ck-college-athletes/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
"Hip hop mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs said he hopes to buy the Carolina Panthers so he can sign Colin Kaepernick"

Not going to happen, but Lordy Lordy, that would be icing on the cake. Big Grin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
"Hip hop mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs said he hopes to buy the Carolina Panthers so he can sign Colin Kaepernick"

Maybe he can hire OJ as a coach.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:

Rae Carruth is scheduled to be released from prison in October. Surely there will be a spot for him in Diddy Doo’s organization.

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safespot:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:

Rae Carruth is scheduled to be released from prison in October. Surely there will be a spot for him in Diddy Doo’s organization.

Heck, it could be part of the NFL's criminal parole program... go to Ditty's Panthers under a "work release program" - they could take their ankle monitors off for practice and the games.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
“Our attendance is off by one percent,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said last week. “We are over 98 percent filled to capacity, which is about where we’ve been in the past.”

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...y-1-percent-in-2017/

Guess all those pics of half empty stadiums are optical illusions

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
“Our attendance is off by one percent,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said last week. “We are over 98 percent filled to capacity, which is about where we’ve been in the past.”

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...y-1-percent-in-2017/

Guess all those pics of half empty stadiums are optical illusions

Paid attendance vs. actual attendance.

This is what I can't stand the most about this prick...he treats us like we're all stupid. Anyone with two eyes can see that actual attendance is down quite a bit but he's still playing these games. Fuck him.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Too bad for Kapperwhatever. It's the only way he's gonna get signed, and it just ain't gonna happen.

On the bright side, Kapperbitch has all the time in the world to work on his giant hair.

Maybe put in some supports and make his 'fro even bigger. Now that's something to aspire to. If Soul Train is still on the air, he has a second career coming up...

Whenever I see the guy on TV with that stupid looking hair I always think ‘cha cha cha Chia’. Anybody good with photoshop up to making CK into a life size Chia?

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Looking for a "bright side" to all this...

Ahhhhh: Kaepernothing is a winner afterall! He doesn't have to worry about messing up his Afro... No Helmet Time assures that! Big Grin

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Having already thoroughly alienated veterans, the military, the flag, the police, the legal system, and the president of the United States; the NFL is quickly running out of sacred institutions to throw under the bus.

However, it appears they’re not done. The NFL has now decided to take on Christmas.

Saints running back Alvin Kamara donned a pair of Christmas-themed cleats during the Saints game against the Falcons on Christmas Eve.

The NFL fined Kamara for wearing the cleats.

Kamara chose to wear the cleats knowing he would likely get fined. According to the Sporting News, Kamara told reporters after the game, “I’m going to make a GoFundMe — yeah, I’m getting fined — and whatever the fine is, I’m going to pay the fine and the rest I’m going to donate to a charity. Simple as that. We were just talking about the NFL not being a Grinch. We need them to just leave us alone.”

NFL disciplinary guidelines state that the penalty for a first offense uniform violation such as Kamara’s, is $6,076.

A number that could be easily paid by Kamara, or easily raised through GoFundMe. Though, does that money really makes up for all the bad publicity the NFL will receive for fining someone for Santa cleats?

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...stmas-themed-cleats/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There is something seriously fucking wrong with the NFL. You can celebrate, mock, ridicule and generally act like an asshole every time you make a "play" but you can't wear Christmas shoes? Fuck em.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Having already thoroughly alienated veterans, the military, the flag, the police, the legal system, and the president of the United States; the NFL is quickly running out of sacred institutions to throw under the bus.

They have been anti police for years. They banned off duty cops from carry at stadiums, something which flies into the face of 2A as well.

Fuck'em.

I've hated them since they went anti-gun years ago. i also don't like them using tax money to make stadiums.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
When the NFL did it right:

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dang! My allergies acted up a little when I played that...

So what happened??? What changed?? I believe I'm not too far from the truth when I say "Hussein Obama" happened. It was he who created the initial rift in racial relations with his infamous "beer summit" which, over time, created an unrecoverable, unfathomable chasm of spewed hate, mostly from the black population toward the "great white oppressors". THAT...was the beginning of the end of black/white relations as we knew then. Everyone got along great and we worked together as a society (for the most part) regardless of color, race, creed, or religion. All that asshole did for 8 years was embolden a population into believing they were being discriminated against as if it were 1958. I never wish ill on anyone, but I LOATHE that sunuvabitch enemy of this country along with his hermaphroditic wife. I hope they suffer a long, painful, bacterial flesh-eating death. They did NOTHING but destroy this great country for 8 years and they're being PRAISED for it (reference "most admired..."). Which totally astounds me...

p.s. Given the time in our country's history, I have always regarded the Whitney Houston anthem the best. I remember standing at attention in my living room with tears trickling down my face at the pride I felt being an American that day. I think the above is a VERY close second...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have a sip of bourbon to your excellent post, sir.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post