SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I can hardly wait until they see the numbers for their "season ticket" sales this year Cool

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m looking forward to empty stadiums, and the trash wondering why.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
As a football fan I am truly disappointed. I love football and watching the best in the world play the game is really fun for me. Also, regardless of what people want to think, there are a lot of really great people who play and coach the sport.

But the league, the owners and the front office have killed the fun for me. I watched football to get away from the real world and they have ruined that. Likely for good. I cancelled Sunday Ticket last year and will likley never renew it. I Won't even buy the Madden video game.

I would watch College ball but the NCAA is more vile than the NFL ever could be. Plus I assume it is only a matter of time before we see kneeling there too.

At least around here youth football is pretty pure and I can spend a whole day watching games for 5 bucks.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Here's what I would do if I ran the NFL. As the anthem is playing I'd run the video that JALLEN posted so everyone in the stadium could instantly juxtapose the grandness of sacrifice with the smallness of those on their knee. Inspiration against ignominy for all to see. Let shame drive these pukes out or on their feet.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Here's what I would do if I ran the NFL. As the anthem is playing I'd run the video that JALLEN posted so everyone in the stadium could instantly juxtapose the grandness of sacrifice with the smallness of those on their knee. Inspiration against ignominy for all to see. Let shame drive these pukes out or on their feet.

We need a Colour Guard from that video to march right up to any team that takes a knee. The NFL can look them in the eye during the Anthem or look at the turf in shame.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

We need a Colour Guard from that video to march right up to any team that takes a knee. The NFL can look them in the eye during the Anthem or look at the turf in shame.

the thing is that most of the people say that what they are doing is not out of disrespect for the troops. I doubt many of them would have a problem looking the troops in the eye at all.

A guy I coached with, a black guy, was talking about it and supported the kneelers. When I said I felt it was disrespectful he told me that it wasn't about disrespecting the flag or the troops or police. So I asked him how he felt about me using the word nigger when singing lyrics to a song. I explained that all I was doing was singing the lyrics and didn't mean disrespect. I asked if he felt that was okay. I think he understood and admitted that it is possible to be disrespectful even if that is not the intent and that perhaps the players should find a different way to voice their concerns.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

the thing is that most of the people say that what they are doing is not out of disrespect for the troops. I doubt many of them would have a problem looking the troops in the eye at all.

A guy I coached with, a black guy, was talking about it and supported the kneelers. When I said I felt it was disrespectful he told me that it wasn't about disrespecting the flag or the troops or police. So I asked him how he felt about me using the word nigger when singing lyrics to a song. I explained that all I was doing was singing the lyrics and didn't mean disrespect. I asked if he felt that was okay. I think he understood and admitted that it is possible to be disrespectful even if that is not the intent and that perhaps the players should find a different way to voice their concerns.

I highly doubt anyone, no matter the color, would be able to look someone in the eye who had no knee, could take a knee themselves. Even off camera.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow.

quote:

NFL REVERSES COURSE, WILL ALLOW NATIONAL ANTHEM PROTESTS
JULY 20, 2018| BY DONN MARTEN

The mob wins again….

The National Football League has backed down in the face of intense SJW pressure and will not be banning protests during the national anthem.

In an embarrassing shift, the NFL has “frozen” the half-assed ban on sideline kneelers after the player’s union filed a grievance last week.

The league was also forced to blink when Tennessee Titans star Jurrell Casey told CNN that he would ignore the new rule and take a knee anyway.

Then there was the uproar on Thursday when a leaked document by an NFL team suggested that kneelers could face suspension leading to a social media eruption.

Shortly thereafter, the announcement was made that the NFL backed down.

Via ESPN “NFL, NFLPA announce ‘standstill’ on anthem rules after Dolphins report”:
quote:

With the Miami Dolphins facing backlash after submitting required paperwork to the NFL that included potential disciplinary measures for player protests during the national anthem, the league has decided to hit pause on its new policy, sources told ESPN.

The league and the NFL Players Association issued a joint statement Thursday that said “no new rules relating to the anthem will be issued or enforced for the next several weeks” while both sides continue to hold discussions to figure out how to move forward.

“The NFL and NFLPA, through recent discussions, have been working on a resolution to the anthem issue,” the joint statement said. “In order to allow this constructive dialogue to continue, we have come to a standstill agreement on the NFLPA’s grievance and on the NFL’s anthem policy.

You have to hand it to Commissioner Roger Goodell and his $40 million a year contract, he has really made a hot mess out of this one.

For those who may have been on the fence about tuning in again this year after the new rule, you may want to reconsider.

Link to story: NFL Reverses Course, Will Allow National Anthem Protests

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a 72 year old American. If you cannot stand & respect the flag of my country, I do not want to be around you.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
For me anyway, whether this new rule goes into effect or not, this is a non-issue for me. I still won’t waste another moment of my time nor my money on the NFL. They had a chance to do the right thing and fix this a long time ago when these protests started. They chose to piss people like me off, and now I choose to not watch and spend money on the NFL. Last fall was actually nice...I didn’t waste my Sunday afternoons and evenings rooting for a team that hates my country. To hell with all of them.

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

NFL REVERSES COURSE, WILL ALLOW NATIONAL ANTHEM PROTESTS

Pussies.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Not many will know.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
Here's a thought: For every player that kneels, the opposing team gets to enforce a 15-yard penalty at any time during the game. 4 players kneel, the other team gets to use 4 penalties anytime. As an example, at the tail end of the game when the kicker is trying for a game-winning 55-yard field goal - use the penalty and it now becomes a 70-yeard attempt. Another, near end of game, team has ball on 1 yard, 4th down and is 4 points down. Bingo, now on 16 yard line, 4th down.

Make it hurt and maybe the financial loss will at least overcome the total lack of character.

Posts: 1983 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Some fans will continue to go to the games, and pay their money. I just hope that a huge number of patriotic Americans will NOT!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Anyone watch the Rugby 7 championship last weekend.

Every team including the USA stood for and even sang
their national anthem, with pride, going the extra step
each time, at the end the teams came together for photo ops
nothing anyone saw was in the form of a protest.

F the NFL, I'm going to watch Rugby this year.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
This is just mismanagement by the NFL. They have the worst commissioner in the history of organized sports and it is incomprehensible that the owners stick with this guy. He showed himself to be tone deaf and out of touch with the fan base long before this current debacle.

posted Hide Post
Between the new tax laws and this rule change NFL could have a lot of empty seats this year.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
This is just mismanagement by the NFL. They have the worst commissioner in the history of organized sports and it is incomprehensible that the owners stick with this guy. He showed himself to be tone deaf and out of touch with the fan base long before this current debacle.

Absolutely.

Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
NFL Management took DOD money to increase the patriotic fever at games and boost recruitment.

Now it seems pretty clear they wanna give it back. (Ass slapped much?)
So NFL, just Call up DOD, say sorry we didn’t understand the question....and hand the 7 million or was it 9...(?) back and and call it good.

Fixed.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
For me anyway, whether this new rule goes into effect or not, this is a non-issue for me. I still won’t waste another moment of my time nor my money on the NFL. They had a chance to do the right thing and fix this a long time ago when these protests started. They chose to piss people like me off, and now I choose to not watch and spend money on the NFL. Last fall was actually nice...I didn’t waste my Sunday afternoons and evenings rooting for a team that hates my country. To hell with all of them.

+1. I was an NFL guy but I switched to NCAA last year. Even if they stuck with the new rule I wasn’t going to watch.

I don’t want to give money to anyone who doesn’t want to stand for our anthem of their own free will.