SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for this man to be elected to Congress to represent Utah. We need some clear thinkers in Washington. We sorely need it. Are there any adults left in the world who are in any position of authority anymore besides Trump?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Exactly

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So will they kneel for the "Black National Anthem"...? Wink

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Black national anthem?

Give us George Clinton, not Hillary Clinton!!

Clear the way for the Mothership!! P-Funk levels are optimal!!

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Just when you think they can't think of another reason for us NOT to watch they come up with something like this.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, at least you can dance to it. Ever try that with the Star Spangled Banner?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’d prefer Swing Low Sweet Chariot or The Camptown Ladies.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
quote:
So I can kneel during their "national anthem" in honor of all the black on black gun violence.

The lefty media would f'in freak if white fans did that.
Then when they play that noise, have all the white folks in attendance bend over and moon the event. Show off some white privilege. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Now they are making the Redskins change their name. I love the NFL, but reaching my limit.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully enough people show their displeasure.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The song is a gospel and includes references to God. What is the Left going to say about that???

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Now they are making the Redskins change their name. I love the NFL, but reaching my limit.
From what I read a few days ago, the Redskins' owner is still holding firm against changing the name. Do you have something more current that indicates otherwise?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I’d prefer Swing Low Sweet Chariot or The Camptown Ladies.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep the name just change the mascot:

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
From what I read a few days ago, the Redskins' owner is still holding firm against changing the name. Do you have something more current that indicates otherwise?

Yup, they changed the name. Confirmation:

https://mobile.twitter.com/The...102940708560897?s=09

https://sports.theonion.com/wa...d-c-redsk-1819575691

(Oldie but a goodie)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Who enacted a black national anthem? I don't remember any act of Congress to establish this.

This is such bullshit. I find it quite odd during all this, that our Native American brothers and sisters are never mentioned. Fucking hypocrisy. Nothing but community narcissism. It’s either this or the letter people consistently.

This is nothing but a got damn shit show. NFL is just being fake, it’s all about revenue. They are pandering. If they wanted to do something they’d spend millions and millions in inner city education or something.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Team put out a tweet they are considering it. I think Schef also tweeted they are considering it. Nothing firm. Hope they hold strong.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Redskins press release:

"In light of recent events around our country and feedback from our community, the Washington Redskins are announcing the team will undergo a thorough review of the team's name. This review formalizes the initial discussions the team has been having with the league in recent weeks.

"Dan Snyder, owner of the Washington Redskins, stated, 'This process allows the team to take into account not only the proud tradition and history of the franchise, but also input from our alumni, the organization, sponsors, the National Football League and the local community it is proud to represent on and off the field.

"Ron Rivera, Head Coach of the Washington Redskins, remarked, 'This issue is of personal importance to me and I look forward to working closely with Dan Snyder to make sure we continue the mission of honoring and supporting Native Americans and our military.'

"We believe this review can and will be conducted with the best interest of all in mind."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
"...and feedback from our community..."
From who? The 14 people they asked?? GMAFB... Roll Eyes I'm so glad I stopped wasting band width on that bullshit YEARS ago. I'd rather watch Bob Ross paint the same "friendly little tree" for 3 1/2 hours than watch the National F**kedup League.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves will be next on the list. But in the interest of staying on topic: Fuck the NFL!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post